Register now to get rid of these ads!

Texas Tire

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fordman, Jul 11, 2011.

1. fordman

fordman
    from Wylie, TX

Hey I live in Texas for quite a few years I am from Jersey. Ever since I live here I feel like I go threw tires quick. I know the heat eats them up. What do you Guys in hot climate think are the best Light truck tires. I have had Good Year Firestone AI think Generals it has been a lot over the years.

When I live in NJ Coopers held you well it had a large tread wear number. That was a ton of years ago. I do not even see any ads for coopers.

What are you thoughts?

2. burnin53

burnin53
    from cuba,n.y.

Cooper's are still available.

3. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have had phenominally good wear out of Michelin LTX's here. drive them everywhere on my daily.

4. davidh73750

davidh73750

coopers are often at small tires shops. You can go to their web site. I think the cooper cobra GTS are better than radial ta's but radial ta's have more sizes

5. aaggie

aaggie

Another vote for Michelin LTX. I have a set on my '05 GMC Canyon that have over 80 thousand miles on them and still have tread left. I rotate and balance them every 5K when I change the oil and have never had a problem. Bought at Discount Tire, highly reccommend them for all tire related stuff.

6. Michelins are always good, the less aggresive tread designs will go farther than off road designs in any brand. Unfortunately some of the Asian tires wear well and are easy on the pocket. I buy 'em from tire repair/sales joints along the road locally. They don't pack ya with a bunch of phony charges for shop supplys, getting rid of your old tires, valve stems. mounting and balancing etc. etc. Major brand tire warrantys aren't worth a sh-- anyway. Keeping your tire pressure correct is good also. I stay away from major brand tire stores.

7. I have Dunlop on my Cherokee D/D and LOVE them. I had Dunlops on my O/T Porsche and loved them there too. Our Goodyear tire store sells them. You need to get in the habit of checking tire pressure once a month, minimum, to get the best life from your skins in this hot humid climates. Winshield wiper blades and battery's too, they dont last very long. The good news is I have never ever replaced a exhaust system from rusting out since I moved from upstate N.Y. many, many years ago. TR

8. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Had over 80k on a set of Coopers Discoverer ATR's and they still passed TX state inspection.