Register now to get rid of these ads!

<<< Texas Thaw - Feb. 23rd Update >>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigken, Feb 7, 2008.

1. bigken

bigken

"I love the smell of Nitro in the Morning", to paraphrase, and you can too, at the Texas Thaw - February 23rd.............

Looks like we've added a couple items, since the last posting. For those that would like a little 'test-n-tune-grudge-smack-talkin'-racing', FRIDAY NIGHT GRUDGE RUN. That's right, for $5 bucks, it's grudge racing from 7pm, to 11pm. And don't forget, your Friday night admission, is good for Saturday, also. So, you got a buddy talkin' smack, tell him to put his money where his mouth is, and go smoke him. Bring it on.
    The Torques and the Tri-Fives will be whippin' up some good-ole Texas Chili and Fajitas, for those in attendance on Friday night. BYOB, but no bottles please. ALSO, you drink, or race, not both.

Saturday, the racing begins. Here are the classes for the Street Cars.

Street Cars

AA/Gas Big Block engine in a light car with a blower.
    A/Gas - Big Block in a light car (Willys/Model A)
    B/Gas - Big Block in a heavy Car ('57 Chevy)
    OR
    Small Block (350) in a light car (Willy's/Model A)
    C/Gas - Small Block (350) in a heavy car('57 Chevy)
    D/Gas - Flathead or Inline 6 or 8 in any car
    MC/Gas - Motorcycle
    (Blower/Turbo/Nitrous (power adders) bumps you up to the next higher class)

All classes will be run 'heads-up'. NOW, here's the killer part. We will be taking all the class winners and 'runners-up', split this group in half by E.T.. The fastest half of this field will run, based on their respective times, and bracket race for 'Top Eliminator'. The lower half of this field will run the same way for 'Small Eliminator', per your E.T...... So, a little 'heads-up' racing for the class title, the a little bracket racing for Top Eliminator, and Small Eliminator.

Folks, this is going to a blast, and hope you'll join us. And remember, proceeds are going to the troops overseas. Pre-registration closes on February 16th. Saves ya a few bucks.

Thanks - BigKen

2. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Still plannin on coming, weather permitting!

3. The Shocker

The Shocker

Neat ,cant f'n wait Ken.I am gunna try and keep my foot out of it till then.If i break it i want to break it in front of a crowd , but its so much fun fine tuning my powershifting on the way to work at 6 am every morning.I guy i know at work is a part time jailer here for the city and he told me the local fuzz is getting tired of people complaining about me.I am gunna have to get rid of this thing ,before i get in some shit.I am almost 35 and havent had a ticket in my life (no kidding)...

Attached Files:

4. bigken

bigken

Hey man, just contain yourself, you can blow it out all ya want in about 2 weeks. Friday night alone, is going to be a blast. You'll have a chance to take on some 'non-rods', as the track is open, and the locals will be in for a shock. Ought to be a party man, can't wait to see your passes.

5. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

We are going to try to make it up on friday. It is going to be a blast!

6. Rusty

Rusty

How many are pre registered so far Ken?

Rusty

7. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

How do you pre register?
    I'm lookin' forward to being there.

8. bigken

bigken

Rusty, Hugh's gettin' all those, but he said he's been getting them every day, for the last couple weeks. We're gettin' pretty damn close.........you still bringing a big pot of chili for Friday night? You said you make some badass stuff. hehehehe
    Yo Baby go here to prereg...................
    http://www.texasthaw.com/register.htm
    Thanks .......

9. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

O.K. BIGKEN, checks in the mail!!! I will bring my Hybird :D 56. Look forward to Friday night. Dont know if Casey will make it, I think his computer is broke or his e-mail is not working :confused:. We have a family anniversary and Two Birthdays That Weekend to celebrate.:D

10. irishpol

irishpol
    from Texas

Blown flathead with nitro in a light car... one bump or two?

11. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Thanx Ken,It's been did. See ya there.

12. Big Tony

Big Tony

My birthday is that weekend also, so bring'em out and we will have "PUSHROD" SING HAPPY B-DAY TO US ALL.

13. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

If he does not show up. He will be RE-KNIGHTED:eek: "CHICKEN...COOP.....CASEY" :D:D:D:D:D:D

14. bigken

bigken

Ron, you are just COLD, man.:eek:

15. Rusty

Rusty

Ken I am still going to try to make it out, Schedule looks really hecti with all the customer stuff at the shop that has to be out and the push for the Roundup in the Sedan. We will see as it gets closer

Rusty

16. bigken

bigken

Man, after me braggin' on yer chili all this time ????? :D Robert even said your chili can't stand up to his fajitas...........don't look at me man, he said it. :eek:
    BigKen

17. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Forget the chili he knows and Danny knows how good those fajitas are. We all need to be there in support of the Torques, who have finally have given us another cool event in DFW. And don't say your broke beause I know you and your dad will be at Decator swap meet. This is what we all have been waitting for Drag Races here in Dallas. So get your but up there, and leave that weak chili at home. HEHEHE

18. Rusty

Rusty

HMMMMMMM Decisions decisions. I do have a appointment Monday too

19. TorqueWench58

TorqueWench58
    from Plano TX

WOW you mean that were goan have a real drag race and a car show... and Rusty is not gona be there.... :eek: say it ain't so .. wait is that bad luck or a good luck...:rolleyes:....

20. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

You could bring that bell housing.LOL

21. The Shocker

The Shocker

Your kidding right ?This is nostalgia drag racing and a cool car show...

22. bigken

bigken

Daniel, don't forget to bring your leftover Christmas money for some 'new-ink', to remember the weekend. :D Music and vendors will add to the atmosphere. Not to mention a couple pinups and photogs around the the day, too.
    BigKen

23. Rusty

Rusty

Awesome Counting down

24. Big Tony

Big Tony

10 Days and Counting

25. The Shocker

The Shocker

Hey Robert my wife is gunna follow me down to the track Friday in her minivan just incase i break the Falcon so bad i cant fix it on site( so we are not stranded).I thought maybe we would have a better side by side race if i drove her van against your coupe .What do think ? It might be more your performance level .You aint gunna spit in my chili if i beat you are you?

26. Big Tony

Big Tony

Robert...Robert...check your nose dude cause i think its bleeding from that bitch slap you just took from Daniel...:D Your gonna get beat by a minivan...:D

Chili is safe since Ken is cooking it ...its the fajita you have to worry about :eek:

27. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

28. The Shocker

The Shocker

29. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

Recieved confirmation this morning. Look forward to next weekend!!!!!!!!:cool:

30. bigken

bigken

Ink Inc. does great work, and will be onsite.............Merry Chrsitmas to ME........ :eek:

[​IMG]