Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Texas State Championships 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Texas Smoker, Sep 8, 2011.

1. 1968FED

1968FED
    from Goddard KS

My first time at San Antonio what a great track and what great competitors. It was good to meet some more HAMBers there!

2. 76cam

76cam

Great time!!!! Awsome time!!!! Cant wait till may.It was nice to meet mr hiil rat himself.And good luck on getting it to the 50.s.Mabey in may we both can get our redemption lol!!!!!!!!

3. H.G. Wells

H.G. Wells

I had a blast too! ran into more folks that I knew than I normally do at my home track. Skeet, I walked past you and your dad thinking I would come back and visit and never made the time. Will be there next year with my new FED. Short of going to Bakersfield or Bowling Green this could be the best nostalgia race I have been to.

4. rebelrat

rebelrat

Where are all the pic's and video?

5. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

and what happens in May?

6. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

7. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

8. seatex

seatex

Tim, where you there?

9. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

10. MaxCacklePhotos.com

MaxCacklePhotos.com
    from Dallas

11. Now for the "rest" of the story.....When I got back to the Pits and found that Charlie had broke:(....I told him that "I didn't want to win that way either, so I said to him...it's a TIE"....talked to Ed Miller and I think this is the "First Tie" during a Championship race, but he said that he would put it into the Record Book as a TIE:D. I figured that was "THE" way for this to go down.

Charlie is "one heck of a Flathead Guy:cool:", and I, of course, learned a bunch from him....."my newest, best Flathead Buddy:D"

Thanks to Ed Miller and the TTA for a place for us to run our little cars....I "know" that "we" are the fill in part:rolleyes:, but hopefully we will become a "important fill in"......Had a blast, met some great folks(Charlie and Liz, etc) and reaquanted with some folks from "years" ago, got to play and learn more about the FED....gee whiz....what a great time I had:D....Whooo Hooooo

12. roadster-racer

roadster-racer
    from Austin, TX

We had some exciting racing in the new Flathead Eliminator category. Don't you love seeing flatties duke it out in the 21st century?

And now for the rest of "the rest of the story." Skot has it exactly right. F.E. goes down in the record book as a tie for the 2011 Texas State Championship.

Charlie did not want to win on Skot's staging mistake, and Skot did not want to win on Charlie's engine explosion, so they came and asked if the F.E. class outcome could be recorded as a tie. Outstanding sportsmanship.

Since some rude peckerhead in a door car left without taking his trophy, we are just going to put a new plaque on it and thus be able to award a nice Flathead Eliminator trophy to both Charlie and Skot as winners in the tie.

My memory of drag racing goes back to the middle of the last century, and I've never ever heard of a tie race. What a deal!

Everyone could take an important example of dedication and good will from these two.

13. roadster-racer

roadster-racer
    from Austin, TX

If someone got an recording with good quality audio and video of the tribute to Bobby Langley at the end of the TSC-11 cacklefest, we would like to make a copy for presentation to Bobby's widow and family. Please contact the TTA Race Director at the e-mail address given on www.texastiming.com if you got a good recording of it. Thanks.

14. moter

moter

Do you have a list of winners for each class?

15. If anyone got video of pics of Donnie Anderson's Summer of Love Top Fuel Dragster doing a 3' wheelstand at ~ the 1000' mark on his second and final run, both he and the track would like copies of it!

16. ScorpionDragsters

ScorpionDragsters
    from Dallas

We would love to have that to. It has been a tough week for us at team Scorpion, and we would love to see the tribute. Our email is [email protected]

17. roadster-racer

roadster-racer
    from Austin, TX

2011 Texas State Championship Class Winners

Super Eliminator - Isaac Garza
    Competition Eliminator - Steven Vontur
    Modified Eliminator - Otto Struxness
    Middle Eliminator - Walter Dyrenfurth
    Junior Eliminator - Richard Scheulen
    Little Eliminator - Larry Blevins
    Modified Hot Rod Eliminator - Howard Bevers
    Hot Rod Eliminator - Ben Napier
    Junior Hot Rod Eliminator - Joel Hunter
    Street Eliminator - Ronnie Hernandez
    Junior Street Eliminator - Arlon Jahns
    Bracket Eliminator - Wayne Keller
    Flathead Eliminator - Tie:
    - Skot Ingram
    &
    - Charles Overfelt
    Junior Fuel - Scott Parks
    Blown Fuel - Wes Breiten
    Outlaw Fuel Altered - Bobby Marriott
    AA/Fuel Funny Car - Bobby Rex (the Mexican Revolution)
    AA/Fuel Dragster - Donnie Anderson (Summer of Love)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  18. roadster-racer

roadster-racer
    from Austin, TX

19. vexzer

vexzer
    from Say Town

20. saltracer

saltracer

Is this race going to be revived for 2013? Phil

21. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

I thought it moved to San Antonio, after 2011

22. saltracer

saltracer

I could be wrong but I believe the race was not run in 2012. But there is some mention of a Nostalgia event on the San Antonio's drag stip track calendar for Oct. 19, 2013.

Nostalgia ??? TBA...
    to be exact.

23. saltracer

saltracer

This was the event that was run on those similar dates last year.........

[​IMG]

24. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

The Nostalgia Havoc race was put on the by the track owner, don't know if the TTA is going to be involved in the one for this year, or not.