Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Texas State Championship will be last Traditional Drag Race of 2009

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roadster-racer, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

I just got home and am sitting here with a nice red beer spiced up with a bit of tobasco sauce and was reflecting on the day.
    I had a great time and want to take a minute to thank Big Tony and Big Ken for helping me get my pile from point a (the bus) to point b (the lanes) and from point c (the big end) back to point a.
    It was good seeing some old friends and gettin' to ride the rocket 1 last time for this year.
    I'm just sorry I had to call a halt to the deal before I got to mess with the guy in the Willys.
    Oh well, can't win 'em all,LOL,and Feb. ain't far off.
    Cheers from Denton The Alpha and The Omega,TimG.

2. ChevyRat

ChevyRat

What a great day. Perfect weather, great cars and the opportunity to meet a lot of great people. Thanks to Ed and eveyone from the TTA for a good time. Had a good time visiting with the entire crew that was there with the Scorpion. Good to see our friends Big Ken & Big Tony from the Torques - Looking forward to the THAW!!!
    Got to see the wildman Tim (Yo Baby) in his Volvo tearing the track up. Charles (Tinker 51) and Jeremy (TexasHarcore) - it was good meeting you guys. Catch everyone in February!!!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  3. Big Tony

Big Tony

Glad ya'll made it home safe and sound.. Tim the ol monkey was screaming..tobad on the tranny leak, you did a hell of a job keeping it out of trouble.

4. bigken

bigken

Man, what a great day at the track. Good job, and thanks to all the racers.
    Tim, glad I could help. I'll have some lower gears next time......hehehehe Felt like I was pulling a school bus.
    Good seein' all you folks yesterday.

5. rebelrat

rebelrat

WOW What a great day, And Tim you are the man, That volvo just gets faster and faster and thanks for letting me bend your ear.I,m glad to see no SWEATED COPPER PIPING LOL
    Thanks to the Texas Timing Guys for a great showing of TRUE DRAG RACING.This is what our sport is all about !!!!!!!
    See you all in Feb

6. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

Great time had by all! Looking forward to the THAW!!

7. cjdawg

cjdawg
    from denton tx

Tim, glad I got to meet you. Wish Leonerd didn't redlight against you first round. Hope ypu get the tranny fixed. That Volvo is impressive.

8. dragnews

dragnews

ed how about posting winners and runnerups?

9. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Thanks for the props Tony. Technically it wasn't a "leak" it was a "boil over". ;)
    Really Ken,thanx a ton.
    Rebel don't forget the broom stick trick.LOL
    CJ,if you never red light you ain't trying hard enough.I'll look forward to racin' you guys at the Thaw.
    After seeing some pics I'm definately going up on air pressure. Geezus the slicks are soft!
    Chris,I don't know if you check this joint or not but thanx for the pics.

Here is a link to some photos by Chris Graves at Max Cackle Photos
    http://www.pbase.com/fuelcarfan/09tta
    T.OUT

10. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

hey RACER...11/2/09 crapola. i'am a day late and a dollar short. see you next year my friend! call me POP...or the old FART.

11. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

We had a grand time, enjoyed the day very much.......will bring a crowd and be back anytime.........

Hats off to Larry C. and the Denton track...one class act.

We just hung around to see which way the wind blow after letting our RedFord just make a pass in the first round of elims..........got down there and said, shit, why not race this guy........and jumped down on the brakes.......48 on a 50.......oh well.........the drinking light was lit........

Jim got a yellow also in his blown black 55 so we put all of our "Help" into the tri 5s that were next door.......one managed to save our ass by going a few rounds and winning something, Dennis slammed his into the pavement and was out..........and the weather was great.

Nice to see Wayne Calvert out in his "Americar"...an all steel 41 Willys and Randy with the Gangrene special Buick "powered" digger........Jim Parr showed up and wowed the crowd with his lies..............Bebo Chandler and his hospitality to all with the big bus and plenty of food.........more lies..............What can I say.........

Mark

12. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

I had a a great time. Incase yall didn't know who I was...I was the confused guy with the tech sheets taking your money til around noon.

It was good to meet the folks I met. Can't wait to do it again soon. Thanks to Ed for setting this up, well worth the trip.

13. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

Me and mike had a good time !!!and to the track guys sorry about the pecan hulls!!! I thought i dumped them all at ardmore.

14. dragnews

dragnews

Thanks to the North Star Dragway crew and the Texas Timing Association for a great day of racing and fellowship with everyone. Rob Ragland/Ardmore Dragway
    [​IMG]

15. Big Tony

Big Tony

Rob ...what you grinnin at :~))

16. Tinker51

Tinker51
    from Dallas Tx.

that's who you were. so i did not know. you guys used my table a few times.
    charles

17. roadster-racer

roadster-racer
    from Austin, TX

I'll get 'em up as soon as I can. Just now got back to Austin. Our fuel altered ran the race just fine, but I-35 was really hard on our old tow truck, and Lady Di and I had a real trip getting ourselves and the trailer home.

Whadda damn race! Hope to have some results up in the next day or so. Meanwhile, take a look at the great photos that Chris Graves shot of the event. He always makes us look so good!

http://www.pbase.com/fuelcarfan/09tta

Thanks to everybody, racers, spectators, and the great crew that makes Northstar run so well. This is what I call the right way to end the season!

So, do y'all think you're gonna want to do this again with us next year?

18. rebelrat

rebelrat

Yes yes yes yes yes yes ect !!!!

19. senior fried

senior fried

This weekends event put on By Texas Timing Association was outstanding , lots of real nice 50's and 60's drag cars and rails, fuel cars and funny cars. Everybody had a great time, Next year should be bigger and better. We all had choices this weekend which is a good thing here in Texas, the weather was awesome and we chose Northstar Dragway in Denton.... Till next year Dennis

Attached Files:

20. senior fried

senior fried

Had to repost these great photos from Chris Graves, he captures like no other, check out the lane change at high speed and Bebo Chandlers 57 GMC tow bus and matching 56 Chevy !!!

Attached Files:

21. Cirelli

Cirelli
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Where would a fellow go to see the winners & runner ups?

22. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

1- How about those pics?
    2- What's this I hear about Videos of the TSC's for sale?

23. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

3-And a spring 2010 race?

24. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Hello Ed,Are you out there???

25. Tinker51

Tinker51
    from Dallas Tx.

workiing on the video now.be ready soon.
    charles

26. Rusty

Rusty

Texas Nostalgia Nationals will be May 15th 2010, at the legendary yello belly drag strip in Grand Prarie, Tx, i will have fliars to hand out this weekend

27. roadster-racer

roadster-racer
    from Austin, TX

Yes, there'll be a major Spring 2010 race, at a major track in Southern Texas. It will be produced by the Texas Timing Association. Watch for the anouncement early next year of the confirmed date and location for the Texas Spring Nationals, which will be held in about 6 months.