Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Texas State Championship will be last Traditional Drag Race of 2009

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roadster-racer, Oct 7, 2009.

1. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

I got mixed up from the title, I think. After reading this is the racing open to all cars that run DOTD and HAMB style events or just cars that have been running your points races? Thanks

2. dragnews

dragnews

See everyone Sunday.............Rob/Ardmore Dragway
    [​IMG]

3. 3in1

3in1
    from nevada tx

Ed did i understand you correctly that post 64 stockers will not be in the pits ...? as per hamb rules , and if so do we park off property or what .
    would we be better off to just leave our post 64 cars home this week end and keep friction from the pre 64 crowd in check . I must add that drag racing wasnt much prior to 64 ,and that shows at hot rod reunions very few cars prior to the cutoff . cordially .c:)

4. There WILL NOT be any trouble. I am bringing Guido & Milo from Cicily and The Dog from HI with me. None of them like trouble.... :)

5. roadster-racer

roadster-racer
    from Austin, TX

Everybody with a traditional hot rod or race car is welcome at the TSC. You do not have to have run at previous Texas Timing Association events. Nostalgia Super Stockers up thru '72 will run. Hot rods should be pre-64. Late model Hyundais, etc, should be left at home or parked in shame at the far corner of the parking lot.

6. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

That is Mr. homo erotic to you fagit little boy.:eek:

7. roadster-racer

roadster-racer
    from Austin, TX

Gotta share the latest car count for the Texas State Championship race with y'all. This is exciting. We've got big-time racers coming outta the woodwork here!

Up thru midnight last night (10/27), we have confirmed 2 AA/Fuel Dragsters, 2 A/Fuel Dragsters, 5 B/Fuel Dragsters, 2 X/Fuel Dragsters, 8 AA/Fuel Altereds, an A/Fuel Modified Roadster, 2 AA/Fuel Competition Coupes, a passle of unblown Fuel Altereds, and a AA/Gas Dragster. We're still working on the Mike Burkhart and Jungle Jim Fuel Funny Cars, plus two more Fuel Funnies and another pair of AA/Fuel Dragsters.

Look for famous Texas racing legends like Bobby Langley, Ed Mabry, Wayne Calvert, and Buddy Anderson to be there, along with other old throwbacks like Joe Haggerty and Jerry Norman. We're still trying to get in touch with Vance Hunt and Eddie Hill.

If you have an eye for cool cars, a mind for historical racers, and a nose for nitro, make your plans now to be there at Northstar Dragway in Denton when the gates open at 9 AM this Sunday! Sunday!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  8. I'm thinking Dennis will be riding in his own tow vehicle this time..:D

[​IMG]

9. Two AA/Fuel Coupes? Who is the other one? Maybe a side-by-side ....uhhh, never mind, just getting carried away. Who is the other one?

10. roadster-racer

roadster-racer
    from Austin, TX

The other AA/FCC is Jerry Norman, who's towing in from way out in Seminole, TX. to run at the TSC event. Jerry's the head guy of Southwest Superchargers. Has a racer that looks like some kinda damn needle-nosed Fiat coupe, with a blown hemi. He's fast, and has run at some previous events with the Texas Timing Association.

I thought that might catch your attention, Beep!

See you and the Gizzlehopper in Denton on Sunday morning.

11. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

I'll be in a nitro-coma by Sunday evening. I can't beleive how many cool cars and big names are going to be there.

12. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

If I come down I'll need a tow person with a trad vehicle to drag my hot rod back from the top end.
    Anyone interested? I'll pay for your IN.
    Tony,Ken,Anyone?
    Thanx,Tim G.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  13. senior fried

senior fried

cool !

14. ChevyRat

ChevyRat

Looks like were going to be able to make it. Can't wait!!!!

15. Big Tony

Big Tony

I will bring my 4wheeler and can tow ya...not traditional BUT...I'll forward this to Ken

16. Big Tony

Big Tony

Sweet... always a good time with the San Antonio boys in town

17. roadster-racer

roadster-racer
    from Austin, TX

Looks like we're gonna be in for the Race of the Century at Denton this Sunday.

Y'all get ready. We've been holding out on you. Now, the story can be told.

For the first time anywhere, the Mike Burkhart Fuel Funny Car meets the Texas Jungle Jim Fuel Funny Car at Northstar Dragway during the Texas State Championships. These are two of the hottest nostalgia Fuel Funny Cars in the country, are both based here in Texas, and have never before met in competition before.

Both are freshly returned from the biggest race of the year in the US at Bakersfield. The Jungle Jim car is being readied in the San Antonio shop of Henry Gutierrez, and the Burkhart car awaits its date with destiny at it's Fort Worth home of John Hale. They are both confirmed entrants in the Fuel Funny Car class at the TSC race, and are anxious to try one another's blown nitro-burning 500 cubic inch Hemi on for size.

Along with them, there will also be (confirmed thru 11 PM 10/28) 2 AA/Fuel Dragsters, 2 A/Fuel Dragsters, 6 B/Fuel Dragsters, 2 X/Fuel Dragsters, 8 AA/Fuel Altereds, an A/Fuel Modified Roadster, 2 AA/Fuel Competition Coupes, a passle of unblown Fuel Altereds, and a AA/Gas Dragster. We're still working on two more Fuel Funnies and another pair of AA/Fuel Dragsters.

32 hot cars are confirmed, all but a few on nitro. More of them than you can believe will be burning 80% to 95% loads. Some of you have never seen anything like this before except in old home movies like in the thread

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397600&highlight=texas+state

If you haven't checked that out, see where this all came from, and get an idea of what you're gonna see and smell this Sunday at the Texas State Championships.

18. bigken

bigken

Damn this is sounding like a great show. Good job.
    Tim - I'll probably be in the '33 if ya need a drag back.........probably throw in the pushbar for anyone needing a 'shove'.

19. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Cool !!!
    Thanx Guys.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  20. Tinker51

Tinker51
    from Dallas Tx.

I'll be there with 8mm transfered to dvd's from the wilson's brother and charlie mcworther's collections and more for sale.
    I'll be there fliming this great event for you and your friends. Look for the tent next to t.t.a. Tent, i'll have a i mac running so you can see the action from 57-65 and i'll let you see some of the other collections i'm working on.
    Thanks
    charles

21. I met John Hale back when I was with AMS. He's good people, gentlemen this is going to be good!! The weather forecast looks perfect!!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  22. OldTopGasser

OldTopGasser

Man, this is definitely gonna be the biggie of the year in Texas. Lots of racer-folks coming down from Mizzou, Oklahoma, and Arkansas for it. We're looking for the same atmosphere we experienced at Caddo Mills back in the 1950s, as well as seeing some of those same original cars (Widdle White Wabbit, Scorpion ll & V, the 666 roadster, and others) that will be there. All the others just adds some pow'ful gravy to the dressing. Can't wait!!

23. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

24. bigken

bigken

Sunday - sunday - sunday.............

25. roadster-racer

roadster-racer
    from Austin, TX

All right, here's the line-up for the Texas State Championship race, now 48 hours out.

There will be a Cacklefest with 30 hot cars, most on nitromethane, including the perennial crowd favorites the Gizzlehopper and Scorpion 5.

There are the Mike Burkhart and Jungle Jim AA/ Fuel Funny cars.

There are 4 front-engined AA/ Fuel Dragsters

There are 8 AA/ Fuel Altereds

There are 8 B/ Fuel Dragsters

There are 2 X/ Fuel Dragsters

There are 2 AA/ Fuel Competition Coupes

There a 4 A/ Fuel Altereds

We've also got an A/ Fuel Modified Roadster and a AA/ Gas Dragster

There will be the Widdle White Wabbit B/ Altered and El Toro B/ Roadster

There will be a whole slew of Gassers and pre-'72 Nostalgia Super Stockers

And we are looking for a BUNCH of traditional street driven hot rods to come race or else sit beautifully on display. We are asking that the pits be kept clear of all cars that are later model than '64, except for the pre-'72 Super Stockers that are racing.

We want this to be a real, old time drag race, and those later model cars just don't fit the picture that we want the ticket-buying public to see. The whole focus here is going to be on putting on a great show for the crowd, and I'll just apologize now to those of you who don't get to park whatever car you're driving wherever you want to put it. We'll have volunteers to direct racers and spectators alike to their proper parking areas, and we ask you to please cooperate with them like you would at any other major national event.

I can almost smell the nitro now.

26. We are bringing our 1959 Ranchero push car It is the match to the GizzleHopper. Will be more than happy to help push or tow anyone neede a traditional car to help.

Just ask.

Brian, Vicky, Gretchen, Stephen, Ed, Rick & Zach
    The GizzleHopper Gang

27. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

28. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

Time to load-up!

29. Tinker51

Tinker51
    from Dallas Tx.

one more hour to head out. making sure i have everything water, warm cloths, beer....................................................
    see you there
    charles

30. todd_a

todd_a
    from Tyler, TX

I'm bringing a friend that is here for a week from Austrailia. We'll be there around noon - just spectating today. The '31 coupe is still a way from being drivable.