Register now to get rid of these ads!

Texas shows for 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lupe., Jan 17, 2012.

1. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Here is an update to some events that passed and some that are coming up:

I heard Day of the Drags was awesome and that a fun time was had by all.
    http://www.dayofthedrags.com/

My wife and I went to the Iron Invasion in Chicago. It was a fantastic turn out for a first year show. They had 700 cars and we had a blast. We also made a mini vacation out of it and went to Sun Studio and Graceland on the way!
    http://ironinvasion.com/

COMING UP -

Oct 12 - This weekend a few of us are heading to Boerne for their rod run (I know its not exactly a traditional hot rod show, but at least it is pre 49)
    http://www.prideoftexasstreetrods.org/WELCOME.html

Oct 19 - The Rev is playing in San Antonio at Sam's :cool:

Then skip a weekend

Nov 3 - Hot Rod Revolution - cant wait!
    http://www.hotrodrevolution.com/

Nov 10 - Pistons and Paint - I know a few of us are heading up there for this...
    http://www.pistonsandpaint.com/

Nov 10 - Dang, Burnout Houston is the same weekend as P&P
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=718071&highlight=houston

Nov 17 - Dia De Los Strugglers - dam busy month leading up to some Turkey and Dressing!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Strugglers-CC/342455754148

Again, these are the type of events I'm talking about. Not the local car show at the Auto Zone down the street from your house!

2. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

Is the October 12, in Boerne their local cruise nite at that burger place?

sent from San Antonio's underground hotrod army

3. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

Oops never mind! Just checked out the website! Been to this one before. Very cool turnout but had to park outside the rainbow(bright colored classics) for some reason? Oh well. I'll be in Boerne Saturday too for a wedding! :eek:

4. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

Here's a new one.

Attached Files:

5. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

October 27th is rumble in the park in Victoria Texas. Should be a pretty big show and most of the rides will be pre-63 from what i hear. plus live music, swap meet, and MIDGET WRESTLING! Here is a link to the website http://rumbleinthepark.net/Home_Page.html

6. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

So what's next coming up? Anything in December or January?

7. Irrational Metalworks

Irrational Metalworks
    Alliance Vendor
    from DFW

I will have a flyer up in a couple days for a new show in the DFW area. Hot Rods at Point View. It's on Jan 26 2013 in Combine. There will be a 5 car cacklefest with the Gizzlehopper, both Scorpion cars, Rat Patrol and the Pony top fuel cars. There will also be all different kinds of race cars, from dragsters to Baja trucks and buggies, and of coarse hot rods and anything else that's cool that wants to come. More info soon!

8. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Not a car show but The Octanes will be playing in San Antonio on December 14th at Taco Haven located at 1032 South Presa. They usually reserve the lot across the street for hot rod parking, the food and drinks are awesome and The Octanes put on a great show.

9. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

10. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

11. 73RR

73RR

Thanks for posting the calendar.
    Some year I'd like to be able to schedule a 'working' vacation in the Great State of Texas.

12. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

13. txturbo

txturbo

14. vik morgan

vik morgan
    from Houston

This is a nice rundown. I'm very new to TX, specifically Houston, and had been feeling like the only car culture here were new F-150's, diesels, and 300's with bad rims and paint jobs.

I'm hoping that a lot of the shows I saw in the 2012 section that I either wasn't in the area for or didn't know about will be repeated for 2013

15. txturbo

txturbo

yes....most of those repeat every year. After Feb. there is something going on all the time around this area. What part of Houston are you in? If I know then I can give you some things to look out for.

16. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

That is a good list of general car shows for Texas, thanks for adding that link to this thread. However, most all of those shows on that list are "open" car shows which means you will see all kinds of vehicles at these shows including F-150's, diesels, and 300's with bad rims and paint jobs, along with new camaros, mustangs, corvettes, etc. If you are interested in traditional hot rods and period customs, there will be VERY VERY FEW of them at most of the shows on that list. Before you take the time and effort travel to the shows on that list, I encourage you to check out the show's website and look at the types of vehicles they allow. Really, it just depends on what you are interested in, but you won't see many HAMBers taking their cars to those shows, or even attending those shows.

17. txturbo

txturbo

Thats true.....but there are some others not on that list where you can see them.....its also not just for shows....but swap meets are included.

18. vik morgan

vik morgan
    from Houston

For the Houston hockey loving crowd, the Houston Aeros will be having a pre-game car show they have titled, "Aeros and Autos" on Feb 23. They have a ticket package listed for show participants.

19. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

20. flopalotofit

flopalotofit

visit www.bastropareacruisers.com for info and entry form April 27th, Vendors wanted ! New class for "BIG RIGS" ( about 30 entrys so far! ) This is our 13th car show/ 2nd in the RiverBend Park, Smithville Tx about 45 min. East on Hwy 71 Under the oaks ! Come early for best parking spots or clup parking. Camping at the back of the park with about 30 spaces w/hookups. Car show in Rockdale coming up and Conroe swapmeet....conact the Chamber of Commerce for more info. flop

21. flopalotofit

flopalotofit

Contact Lone Star Street Rod Assotiation LSSRA for annual car show in Fredricksburg...72 and older cars and trucks Mid Feb. They also have a very good calender of events in the back of the news letter.

22. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

23. txturbo

txturbo

If thats the one that they do with the swap meet its in Mid July usually....unless they have changed it recently or its a different event.

24. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

There is one in Spring, just north of Houston every year. Not sure of the dates.

25. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

26. couvy

couvy

Go to hotrodsoftexas.com for the Conroe dates for the year. Jim puts on a REALLY GREAT MEET. Lots of vendors both parts and food.

27. Danny G

Danny G

The Legends drad race is April 12 &13 at Sealy

28. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

29. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

I dig that calendar! Very helpful.

SN

30. seatex

seatex

Usually two events in Freds... car show in Feb, swap in July