Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Texas Nostalgia Nationals Yello Belly Drag Strip

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blasted, May 1, 2013.

1. blasted

blasted
    from N. Tex

May 18th
    It is time again for one of the best mom and pop drag races there is in Texas.
    The Texas Nostalgia Nationals at historic Yello Belly Raceway.
    There is also a car show at this event for sure.

This is a bring your daily driver hotrod out for a day off racing. Sure there are going to be some very fast cars there, but these guys have always made it fun and fair for us casual racers. No pressure racing. Even if you have never raced, this is the perfect casual race to come learn how to do it.

I am also going to paste a post I added to another thread about this event.

Come on out

<HR style="COLOR: #e5e5e5; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    Very cool event with a good turn out.
    This track has so much history of all kinds that is a bucket list track for sure. Rusty and the owner have worked to make this a safe family place, for this event. Yello Belly has a tough rep it earned over the years.
    I raced at the Belly or Gut as some have called it back the early 70's.
    It was a wild place. But this event is as safe and fun as it gets. Kinda like a free pass to race at a famous place safely, lol.
    Great crowd, good racing, and fun for all for sure.
    PS: I do hold the track record for the most folks in one vehicle to make a pass. 11 people.

Here is the link to a video of the event.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-Ty7wKth9w

Photo, the Belly 2011 event.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  2. Rusty

Rusty

Super big thanks Doc!! It's May and counting down fast!!! May 18th will be here quick. Gets them cars and trucks ready to come out and have a blast. Gates will open 9am with time trials starting by 10 ish. Racing will get going by noon, word on the street is we got a special sponsor upping the any for the top eliminator payout!! Should be the biggest pay out to date, Gonna be a great time by all. If anyone has any questions fell free to call me at 214)537-7423

3. Rusty

Rusty

Good time drag racing in Tejas!!!!!

4. Rusty

Rusty

Some of the thirst made it today, awards have been ordered! Getting closer

5. fifTsix

fifTsix
    from TEXAS

6. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

7. Krash Vegas

Krash Vegas

I'll bring the 55!

8. Drag'n 59

Drag'n 59
    from DALLAS, TX

I usually go, so count me in.

9. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I went to Tyler Junior College's, Radiologic Technology Program (X-Ray School), in Tyler, Tx., 82 to 84. I got around to several drag strips in that 2 years, but could never get anyone to go with me to Yello Belly; I guess they were afraid of it's reputation. I was going to go by myself, just never got around to it. Be sure to post after this event. Butch/56sedandelivery.

10. Rusty

Rusty

10 days!!!!!!!! Let the thrashing commense

11. Rusty

Rusty

8 more days!

12. seatex

seatex

Draggin' waggins! Doc, how many chicks you got in there for ballast?:D

13. QuadQuad

QuadQuad

Gettin ready and brining some buddies too!
    -QQ

14. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Looking forward to it.
    [​IMG]

15. pecker head

pecker head

16. Just got in from working on the little Flathead Fever Dragster....got some more parts coming....last minute thrashing....who'd believe it:rolleyes:

Doc aka: Blasted, aka: Nutcase.....I'm "after you"....even if you have somebody in there to help you with your traction:eek:......hahaha

The FED is in the trailer, dually hooked up....the weekend is getting close!!!

17. Doc,
    At first I thought you said "Blower".....then I saw the "BOOBs":eek: description.....ackkkkk So you are using the ol "turn around is fair play" move....again!.....now I'm going to have to really concentrate on those light "bulbs" and not the "Boobs"......"I'm toast":rolleyes:.....ackkkkk

18. Krash Vegas

Krash Vegas

What are the rules for bringing in outside food/drinks?
    Mostly concerned with the beer rules!

19. Beer and drag racing does not belong together...GO TO A BAR

20. Krash Vegas

Krash Vegas

They sell beer at every race event I have ever attended.
    Beer even sponsors major races.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  21. earlymopar

earlymopar

Is this a 1/4 or 1/8 mile track? I just love the closeness of the covered bleachers. It must make the sensation of speed even better.

- EM

22. Rusty

Rusty

Just got a guaranteed $1000 pay out for the Top Eliminator round!!!! Gonna be the biggest payout to date!! 5 more days

23. Rusty

Rusty

You can bring your own food and drinks of choice, please be responsible. There will be vendors also

24. Rusty

Rusty

Who wants this the most!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  25. Rusty, are they going to be selling fuel....specifically Methanol at the track.....I have to make sure that I have enough to be "blowing the doors off of Doc's ol Flathead 32":D.....hahaha

If not, I need to round up some around here.....cause I sure don't want Doc to have "any excuses" to fall back on:rolleyes:.....

And by the way Doc....notice that even in the picture that "you" posted of us in the lineup at Little River....."I'm still out front:D.....HAHAHA

PS, again Doc.....I'm gonna need help towing to the line, are you gonna drive the minibike and then go back and get the coupe....or do you just want to tow with the 32.....hummmm, am I really talking to my "arch enemy" competiton like this:rolleyes:

26. Rusty

Rusty

Not sure on methanol I will check today, they do carry the variety of high octane 112 etc

27. Rusty

Rusty

Three more full days!!!!

28. Yes Rusty.....Please check on the methanol/alcohol.....it runs a "bit smoky" on that other stuff:rolleyes:

Got some more stuff done with the trailer tonite....raring to go....SOON!!!!

29. Does that mean that "you'll give me a ride, also(you said kids:)).....that way, I can start figuring out your strategy on running "me"....that wouldn't be cheating, would it:rolleyes:?

Looks like we are gonna have several folks/cars from down this way going up to run.....whooo hooooo....getting close!

30. Rusty.....Methanol????.....any answers from the track fuel folks?