Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Texas HAMBers how are you doing ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nunattax, Aug 29, 2017.

1. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

how is the storm affecting you

2. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

I think they are busy, last I heard from a cousin ( between katy and Houston) they had moved up stairs and there was going to be a release of water from the Barker Reservoir , rain hasn't stopped, it doesnt sound good at all :(

3. I live in N.East Texas,,,all is calm here,no rain ,yet anyway

4. enigma57

enigma57

We're holding our own here, nunattax. I posted about the storm here, including the latest info from our area......

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...exas-latest-on-approaching-hurricane.1074959/

We've had well over 30" of rain here at our place so far. Expecting between 10" to 16" more rain over the next several days as the storm moves North towards a 2nd landfall near the mouth of the Sabine River (Texas - Louisiana border).

Wishing all the best to those affected by this storm,

Harry

crashfarmer and nunattax like this.

5. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

All of you are in our thoughts and prayers up here. I can't even wrap my brain around what 40-50 inches of rain can do. I bet Houston and other citys affected are under water a long time.

6. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake
    from Jax, FL

I have friends (HAMB) member, living just south of Houston. They have been sending pics and video of the surrounding area, as of last night, they were OK, water was over the curb heading into their yard. The streets around them are rivers and the surrounding area is flooded. Thus far, they are some of the lucky ones, no structural damage. Scary times.

7. Saying prayers for all our brothers and sisters in Texas. Stay safe! The images we have seen is completely heart braking .

8. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. I live way out in the country about 25 north of Victoria and about the same NE of Cuero. I can tell you for sure it got exciting around here for a while. I have no clue exactly how much rain I got but I can assure you it was enough. My house & shop sit high so flooding was never a problem here for me. The only damage to house was the wind tore off the front rain gutter. Talk about lucky. Rain & wind have stopped here so likely it is somewhat back to normal for me. I will see what happens today but I have not had newspaper or mail delivery since last Thursday. Newspaper comes from Victoria and local Yoakum mail is processed thru Corpus Christi and surely there are larger problems in both of those locations.
    For the most part I had just momentary blips in electricity and both TV and computer are on Satellite & my cell phone towers stayed on. For being around 25 or so miles North and North East from the eye for over a full day somebody surely had to be looking out for me.
    I am going to town today and buy a handful of lottery tickets and a few groceries. Maybe my luck will continue.
    My thoughts are for those that suffered severe damage as many did.
    Jimmie