Register now to get rid of these ads!

Terrible Car Drawings We Did as Kids

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by deto, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3rd grade for me was 1965...so we definitely drew plenty of cars. Mostly similar to the "monster rod" cards that came with bubble gum.

But the one I remember best, was the one I drew of my 3rd grade teacher, Mrs. Ives...naked. Not the best model though, 'cause she was old and skinny. On top of that, she caught me, took the drawing, and told my mom. Mrs. Ives was embarassed, my mom was embarassed, and when I got home, I was momentarily "bare-assed".

Stogy likes this.
  2. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

only things I can draw is flies:eek:

Stogy likes this.
  3. S.F.

S.F.

Stogy likes this.
  4. One can't always tell from early drawings how talented or even
    = what =talent one may end up having .
    So I guess you never can tell.........
    this drawing of Elvis was an early drawing done by none other than....
    :cool:Jimi Hendrix.:eek:

Attached Files:

5. I have nothing saved. I used to trace model car bodies for the profile and go from there. Someone bought me a circle template for art class, that helped with the tires... no more tracing milk container caps.

Bob

6. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

I'll have to see if I can dig up any old drawings. I think all of us have some we can think of. Thats what got me going and doing what I love to do now. Automotive Art is so fun! If you know any kids that like drawing, encourage them to keep doing it and they will get better as time comes.

7. i have thrown all my grade school "art" away but i was allways being told if you worked as hard on your class work as you do on your drawing in class youd be a good student.....i never cared about being a good student i just wanted to pass to the next grade so i could get outa that hell hole (school)

im sorry but i seriously doubt the art in the original post was done by a 4th grader MAYBE a 6th grader but not a 4th grader

8. I have a bunch of mine, but you guys were good....most of mine were in profile since I never mastered perspective. LOL

9. 54Mercruiser

54Mercruiser

Typing this and have my Mama going through her closet to see if she can find mine...lmao!

She is not happy, but she loves me!

I did one on a huge 4'x6' piece of cardboard of a Kenworth, it was called "Wobblin' Willie", it was pretty sweet. I did a lot of minitrucks because trucks have more straight lines..lol

10. chopo

chopo

:D............................ thats funny right there

11. deto

deto

Well about the signature... I went to catholic school so they had us starting our cursive at the beginning of 4th grade... Which is why I tried to correct it. I was in 4th not 3rd...

I am digging all these drawings guys. Serious young talent.

Stogy likes this.
  12. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

I've got some ridiculously "TRENDY" ones from back in the day too but I don't have a scanner. 100 spokes and billet wheels oh my!

13. deto

deto

Just build a time machine and we will verify it. I was in art classless too. More disclosure. Yes I was a fairy...

14. Third grade was 1954, nothing survived which is too bad because my drawings would finally be appreciated. They were truly awful.

15. Heres a couple of ugly ones from my high school days, and two that i did in the 90s, and never finished. I have a pile somewhere, but can only find mostly bike drawings at the mo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bike was started in early nineties i think, and the trike was 96.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The trike was conjoured up using a tattoo machine for inspiration.

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  16. Ive found around 20 from the 80s and early 90s.
    I'll throw up some of the truly ugly first.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stogy likes this.
  17. More....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stogy likes this.
  18. D
    Yup me too:D

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

Here is my two ring binder from 1961, Stock Car racing at the Danbury Fair Grounds and a trip to Dover Drag Strip made an impression on a 10 year old. The Rudinis Brothers #24 was driven Joe Campanella, and the #3 on the back was the Jimmy Smith car.

Attached Files:

Stogy likes this.
  20. The drawing of the A-model pickup shows an incredible grasp of perspective for a third-grader...

Stogy likes this.
  21. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

great thread! Wish I still had some of my old low rider drawings... Then again I'm glad I don't .. They were terrible.

22. Quite a "fantastic" if you know what I mean.
    for a little comparison on how outstanding a job, let me offer this.
    Done by a 4th grader for a national art contest.

[​IMG]

http://oarp.blogspot.com/2008/02/2008-radon-poster-contest.html?m=1

Quite the accomplishmemt there, may have missed your calling.

Neat thread though, thanks for getting it started.

Stogy likes this.
  23. Thanks. I actually laughed out loud at this. :D

Stogy likes this.