Register now to get rid of these ads!

Termites and Bowties- Early Chevy Group

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29bowtie, Jan 7, 2009.

1. inkundone

inkundone

Throw me into the group, mines a wood nightmare.

2. autobilly

autobilly

Great user name T.A.M.C! You'll fit rite in with these guys.

3. Jalopyrama Mike

Jalopyrama Mike

Here's my project '36 Chevy Carryall Suburban that got put on hold when the '32 Ford coupe became available. Sorry, can't seem to get the photo posted.
    J Mike

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  4. Wood? there's supposed to be wood somewhere?

Attached Files:

volvobrynk likes this.
  5. Ghost28

Ghost28

keep trying I would like to see that suburban...ghost

6. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Yes. I prefer wood for hanging the felt channel to, easier to get the fit exact, and for attaching headliner and edge of upholstery.

7. Wow! Nice work, Ghost. I fabricated iron for a long time,(much bigger). I hope my work turns out that nice! I sent a PM.... Norb

8. snelson57

snelson57

OK - I'm in.....

29 Chevy 2 dr sedan.

9. Ghost28

Ghost28

That little 31 on the duece rails is gonna be hot. Will it be open wheeled? or what are your plans?...ghost

10. Neglected Steel

Neglected Steel

Im in 32 pickup channeled 6" on ford deuce rails.

Attached Files:

EVL401 and 31Truckster like this.
  11. valkokir

valkokir
    from DeKalb, IL

Mine's starting to look better than this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Ghost28

Ghost28

On your pickmup too bad your gonna hide the frame design. but with a channel that deep somethins gotta give. I see the front crossmember for the transverse spring. but what are you gonna use for the rear suspension any thoughts? and what kind of bed design you shooting for? I like old trucks, so I am kinda curious. We took an old dodge truck awhike back and mixed 4 different cars to make one. It turned out pretty cool...ghost

13. Ghost28

Ghost28

Man I saw these pics awhile back. I think in your profile, or album. And I thought to myself how blessed I was (JUST KIDDING)I don't care how bad they are. Chevys are just a fun and challenging build. Plus you can really throw the rule book out the window. And design like they should have been or to your personal taste whichever comes first...ghost

brianf likes this.
  14. Neglected Steel

Neglected Steel

For the rear suspension I have a ladder bar, transverse spring set-up from So-Cal speed shop, that I will install after I finish boxing the frame. Im building a bed for it that looks proportinate to the cab, also trying to make it look original, im using 1" sq. tubing for the construction of it.

I also have the cowl and doors to another truck and the back half to a sedan that im going to try to merge together.

15. daveyboy56

daveyboy56

Ok where would i find the ven on a 31 cdan? Is it on the frame? I have seen the body tag
    Dave

31Truckster likes this.
  16. Ghost28

Ghost28

Scroll back a few pages to the pickup nash made using parts of a 29 sedan sounds like what you are talking about. your truck is going in the right direction nice work...ghost

17. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Check out my album, pickup derelict Coach tin.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  18. Neglected Steel

Neglected Steel

Thanks I will check it out

19. 31chevymike

31chevymike

Take a look at my Bowtie - '31 Chevy 5 window coupe undergoing a GASSER restoration! I'm planning to re-create a BLOWN Altered with 392 Chrysler Hemi for power! Car will be a wild Candy Orange prisma-metalflake, the same as my hemi, Tangerine Pearl original chassis, pure white or pearl tuck and roll upholstery, vintage rollcage, '59 Thunderbird buckets, Candy dash with Moon White gauges and metalflake orange wheel. Race car lettering on my doors in Gold flake, vintage racing decals and win decals on my Gold tinted glass and finally for that crowning touch - Mickey Thompson 10" pie crust whitewall slicks mounted on Ansen aluminum slots! Hopefully will be ready for the street/strip for 2010!!!

Attached Files:

mgtstumpy and volvobrynk like this.
  20. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

You can add me and my 36'

[​IMG]

EVL401 and volvobrynk like this.
  21. Ghost28

Ghost28

sounds like a fun car. But I hope you took all the wood out. And how wide are the thunderbird buckets for fit? I have a chance to get a set...ghost

22. I'm in too!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

I have a good friend that has a 1928 Chevrolet truck that he got from his dad 50 years ago when he was 14 years old. The truck didn't run when they got it, but his dad brought it home so my friend could work on it in the attempt to keep him and his friends out of trouble. Tony said it took only three days to get the truck running good enough to drive. Him and his friends drove the truck around the block as fast as it would go one quart of fuel at a time (vaccum fuel pump was bad) this caused problems in the neighborhood. The truck was never really repaired and was put into storage.

About 25years ago the truck was sent to a body shop to be restored, the truck was worked on intermittently for about 15 years before the body shop went out of business. The truck is now about 75% done but has been sitting for at least the last 5 years in the coner of his shop covered in boxes.

Tony has an interest in unusual hotrods, and he likes my FordA with a warmed over A engine. I am thinking if I can tempt him with a little eye candy for his truck I believe he will be interested in putting it back together. I was thinking the truck would look nice lowered a little with the springs sitting on a set of smaller diameter /wider wire wheels. Nothing that can't be reversed if it needed to be an original someday. Are there any aftermarket intake and exhaust manifolds available for the original 4cyl engine?

I should be going to Tony's this weekend, I'll take some pictures.

Here is a couple of pictures of his last Chevy, he traded off a couple of years ago.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
    mgtstumpy likes this.
  24. R&C Lee

R&C Lee
    from SoCal

I'm looking for the owner of this coupe's contact info. I met him at the NSRA Nats but misplaced? his name and number.

Attached Files:

Knghtcadi likes this.
  25. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Thanks! As of right now the plans are as follows,

1931 5W Coupe
    1932 Ford Frame (from Ionia Hot Rods)
    1932 Heavy Axle
    1932 Split Wishbone
    1947 Merc Rear End with quickie conversion
    1951 Chrysler 331 Hemi with a 4 pot manifold
    1939 V860 Wide Fives up front and 4"ers out back
    Tires are 5.50 and 7.50 Black walled
    No fenders & I'm trying to run full hood with blisters or engine set back.
    Frame horns lobbed off and flattened Model A Cross member moved back.

26. Balls Out Garage

Balls Out Garage
    from Arkansas

I'm in too!

Original 28 Landau Coupe, bought from the original owner. Resto in progress.
    29 roadster rod - still a future project.

27. MilesM

MilesM

28 Sedan, waiting for a new frame.

28. rtomss

rtomss

Chevy's unite.....I'm in.

Attached Files:

EVL401 likes this.
  29. Great thread! Glad to see all the Chevys out there. Here is my 30 in the works, hopefully to be done by this summer.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
    EVL401 likes this.