Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tennessee guys and gals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Michigan Rick, Jan 27, 2009.

1. rowdy

rowdy

its hohenwald, that is where the sanctuary is. i live in the middle of nowhere, and i dont think you can get to hohenwald from michigan, if you plug it in to your GPS it wont give you the dirt roads. seriously its a beautiful little town, if you dont plan on leaving, no roads out. Cascade Hollow, booze made, but not bought, it is a dry place. Tullahoma, that reminds me a cat owes me a $100 from several years ago, if you are going down there let me know if i can catch a ride, i will try to retrieve my lost scratch. Tennessean is Tennebelievin, all the time!!

What about Cascade Hollow?? Best booze in the world made there. What about Tullahoma?? One of the car mags calls it home... What about Hohenoma or something like that.....home of the elephant sanctuary?? (wife loves elephants)

2. cuda man

cuda man

I live between Knoxville and the Tri-Cities, and I think anywhere in those two areas are great places to live in Tennessee. There's a lot of car show activity here, and there's many cruise-ins to choose from each weekend through the Spring and Summer months. There's also quite a few drag strips and oval tracks if that's your cup of tea.

The lifestyle here is laid-back, and there's some very nice small towns within an hour of either Knoxville or the Tri-Cities, if you prefer small towns.

3. RUSTEE 57 GMC

RUSTEE 57 GMC
    from Tennessee

I live in Athens, Tennessee. I believe that any place between Chattanooga and Knoxville to be the best places to live. Alot of small towns in between Chattanooga and Knoxville. If you live somewhere in that location, then you are close to everything that is related to cars and trucks. Alot of good people live here as well. It is just like what Kevin said from Ooltewah Speed Shop in his description of East Tennessee. For me, this place is what you make of it and everyone here has made this a GREAT place to live! Good friends, good weather, good language that I can understand, Cruise-ins, and gathering spot with lots of cars and trucks. Good Luck in your decision.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  4. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

We live in Florida now but have been thinking about Tennessee for awhile. State Farm Insurance is speeding this process up because they will be cancelling our homeowners insurance soon. Just gives us another reason to get the heck out of here! I guess I'd be one of those half-backs! Here are a couple sites that might help folks get an idea of the cost of homes there.
    www.zillow.com (type in your search area)
    www.kaarmls.com (use the "Public Sites" on the left side)

5. triathlonx13

triathlonx13

My Good friend just moved to Crossville, TN from Saratoga Springs, NY area. Big Pontiac man

6. ezdusit

ezdusit

You might consider Fayetteville. Just north of the Alabama line. Easy drive to Chattanooga, Nashville, Huntsville, Atlanta if you're looking for bigger-city activities. But why leave? Great little town, plenty of car guys, beautiful scenery, and they've tolerated this ex-yankee for over thirty years. I sold my snow shovel a long time ago!

7. I'd have to chime in with the Maryville, Alcoa, Friendsville area. I have lived in Maryville, and still visit family often. You gotta love the mountains and all the other attractions that are so close. Great car guys all around too. Tons of shows, etc in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg too.
    Phil

8. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

I kinder like Knoxville.

9. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

they still got the little restraunt on the square,pool tables great little cheeseburgers,cold beer,pinball machines.haven't been there in years but it was alot of fun

10. Vetteman61

Vetteman61
    from Tennessee

Don't live IN Bowling Green, the traffic is beyond what you could imagine as horrible. I'm from Gallatin and there are numerous events all throughout the summer to keep one entertained.

11. Haywood

Haywood
    from M'boro,TN

Don't come to Murfreesboro!!!!! We're full!!!!:D

12. BLue62

BLue62
    from florida

stay away from the memphis area all together. born and raised in that area. its fun to visit at the right times but definately not to settle down. if i had the oppurtunity to choose a place id go with northeast area. nice laid back, sluggish lifestyle. :)when you get there, go barn cruising(trust me.....most of them old farmers dont know what they got.) some of them are pretty far gone because of the humidity, but there are some jewels out there to find.:D

13. Slapnuts1975

Slapnuts1975
    from Tennessee

Give em' a wal-mart and a new red light and there the fastest growing area in TN. Kooky.

Snap a picture of the airplane sign for the guys here. Bet they'd get a kick out of it.

14. Slapnuts1975

Slapnuts1975
    from Tennessee

Build a faster car, the fart cans don't sound as bad from the lead.

15. Tricky Hickey

Tricky Hickey

East Tennessee. Lots of nice Hot Rods around here...plus Rod Runs and Drag Strips.

16. Chevguy37

Chevguy37

I live in an area called Wears Valley in Sevierville. Maryville is about 15 miles away and there is lots of hot rod activity. Eastern Tennessee in the Great Smokey Mountains is great. You have to put up with the tourist traffic, but I live 10 miles from Pigeon Forge and can avoid it on back roads. Cost of living is inexpensive and things like houses and taxes are a great change from up north.

17. 6mopar7

6mopar7

I live in the Chattanooga area & love it here. Have lived my whole life. Love going to Cleveland (25 minutes north of Chatt-town) up Interstate 75 for their fourth Saturday Crusie-Ins (April to Oct). They have 300 - 600 cars that show up and this past year had live music of some kind each time. Just a great laid back event.
    http://www.mainstreetcruisein.com/

Like others have said; Honest Charlies & Cooker Tire are based here.

I kid folks about needing to move south to Atlanta to have enough snow thses days.

Lots of beautiful countryside between Chattanooga & Knoxville, shoot east Tennessee is just great.

John

18. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

I'm originally from Munford, TN....about 30 minutes north of Memphis. It was nice until the great white flight decimated the countryside. Ironic thing is, those white folks are just as trashy or they're the "I'm gonna move to the country, let my dog run wild, and get my city police friends to move out here too and show these dumb country folk what-for" type. Right now I'm sadly living in North Jersey....been working towards moving back there for 2 years now. I'll move back to my hometown, but only because of family. That area still has a lot of beauty...try the Fort Pillow area in the summer, Cole Creek, or Randolph areas. Anything above Shelby County and South of Dyersburg is ok. If I could burn Memphis to the ground and dispatch it's denizens to states far and wide, it would be just fine. And I must say....F**K that douchebag Herenton, he's responsible for the trashiness that is Memphis.

Other than that, I went to college in Jackson....didn't like it, it had a lot of flash and flare by appearance....but is boring as hell. Nashville is awesome for entertainment and community, Chattanooga is quirky and has a growing art community, and Knoxville is central to a LOT of cool places within a 3 hour drive.

19. WhitePunkOnNitro

WhitePunkOnNitro
    from Middle Tn

Hmmmm...we may have room for one or two more...but you better be very very cool, K?

20. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

21. turbodickie

turbodickie

Lester Flatt Road, Sparta

22. Haywood

Haywood
    from M'boro,TN

Hahaa..... yeah, what he said!!!!!;)

ANYWHERE in Mid-Tn is a great bet..... but don't get too far away from Murfreesboro. We DO have the largest weekly cruise-in in the south!!!!

23. ratster

ratster

tn sucks move to texas

24. ratster

ratster

and take haywood with you

25. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

Its been a while since you have been around here because the Douchebag is out of office and is fixing to be indited by the Feds! But I can tell you this, Memphis sucks and if it fell of into the river Tennessee would not lose much.

My family is in the process of moving to middle Tn to our vacation house/farm that we have. Just to tell you how far in the woods this place is, you have to drive through 2 creeks just to get to it! And there are no paved roads for miles. The house is almost in the middle of the 100 acres and my nearest neighbor is 3 miles down the road.

Can we say paradise!!!

26. I love it around Chattanooga and usually get up there at least once a year. I had an emergency with my dog this past summer and found a fabulous vet there on the north side. I didn't know it, is Honest Charley still in business? Back when I was a punk kid I bought stuff from Honest Charley mail order. I'll definitely go there the next time I go. Just saw some spooky show on TV the other day about 3 guys gettin' killed up on Signal Mountain swimmin' in some swimmin' hole up there. There's a restaurant I want to go to up on signal mountain the next time I come. I think it's a seafood place and should have some good catfish. I've got it loaded in my GPS for the next time I come.

27. Bulls Gap:eek:.....Just up the road from Heifer's Split.

28. AMEN brother! Maybe "King Willy" will finally get what's due him.

Here's what I just bought with 11 acres outside of Rogersville. I'm outta here!

Attached Files:

29. pro1street

pro1street

Would that be Devils Nose in the background?I know about where You are there.I'm about 5miles from where your at.Your very close to whats called Striggersville where there is an abundance of gearheads.I don't currently have a pre-65 vehicle but am hoping to trade for or buy one in the near future I currently drive a pro-street S-10.
    I guess You know about Memory Lane which is about a 5 minute drive from your place here's a link for more info. http://www.timesnews.net/article.php?id=9006331
    If you want to meet any of the local gearheads just shoot me an e-mail an I'll hook you up,by the way there's always a cruise-in at the local Rogersville Sonic on New Years Day.

30. Tricky Hickey

Tricky Hickey

There use to be "Americans" here....Now I just fit in and grab a taco.