Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods temp gauge issue??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by metalman, Aug 23, 2017.

1. metalman

metalman

Hey guys. I got a 51 Ford F1, original gauges. 12V neg ground conversion, Runtzs on each gauge. Oil and gas work as normal. Temp gauge is acting weird, sit on full hot while ignition is off, goes to cold when ignition is on. Ground the sender post, nothing happens. Nothing changes with or without the sender(s) hooked up. I assume the gauge is bad but never had one go full on while off, anytime had a bad gauge it just didn't work. Just want to confirm I'm not missing anything before I go on a hunt for another gauge.

2. BJR

BJR

Check the ground for the temp runtz again, also try swapping one of the other runtz that you know works to the temp gauge.

3. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dont know about that year but stock 40 gauges are on hot with key off if working properly-I have 5-6 runtz units in a drawer somewhere new never used if you need some
    Tim

4. metalman

metalman

Runtz is working properly. Dumb questain, this temp gauge shouldn't be full hot while the key is off should it? I mean that's not normal on a 51 F1 is it?