Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tell me about Ink & Iron

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Jun 7, 2011.

1. I've never been, but thinking about going. Is it more about the culture (music/art/tatoos) than the cars? Or is it a lot about the cars?

2. 1954Bill

1954Bill
    from Long Beach

I think if more about taking your money! but thats my .2cents

3. M.Edell

M.Edell

My Band The RevTones are opening for the Paladins and 13 Cats This Friday Night on the Main Stage.Hope you can make it!

4. Troyz

Troyz

X2 on Groucho's question. Guys that have & drive cars that have attended need to answer the question. I myself don't want to drive all that way to go to a scenester haloween party.

5. sololobo

sololobo

If I was anywhere near there I would be there just for the bands. The mighty Paladins are playing so few shows these days, my fave trio ever. Event always looked good in pictures, but have not been there in person. The area is way cool as I had lived near there for a couple years. Go for it. ~sololobo~

6. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

I attended two years ago. The emphasis is on skin and ink but there were quite a few of our kind of cars there. A lot of the ratty type cars, however. It's the kind of deal you have to go to at least once in your life.

7. 215slowpoke

215slowpoke

I went years ago. At that time it was not about cars at all and i'm not sure it has changed. If you havent been, It would be worth it to go and check out the Paladins.

8. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Who cares about the Paladins the Skatalites and the Buzzcocks are playing there! Personally I wont go, despite some great bands. I just don't care for "Kulture" festivals and money is tight.

9. el shad

el shad

My neighbor goes religiously (I never have) but he describes it more as a culture thing. He is into cars but to him its an ink show and the cars are just a bonus.

10. M.Edell

M.Edell

Hey I'm just happy to be getting paid well to perform and open up for The Paladins and 13 Cats. Slim Jim Phantom drums for them and that will make 2/3rds of The Stray Cats that I've shared the stage with so far..This is a big deal for me and the band.
    I most likely wouldnt have gone if we werent performing though.

11. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

Eds right, Our club hosts the car show part of the event- and heres the deal -if you go for nothing but the cars you will be disapointed, its not a "car show" and its not billed to be one. The show has so much else going on- its hands down the best place to people watch ever, a real freak show- tons of T&A if thats your thing. If your into music the band line up is amazing. And tons more, check the site for more details.

12. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

is it true you can't bring in a real camera? seems like I read that somewhere.... kinda funny these days.. my bro in law has a 12 megapixel phone.

13. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey Groucho,

Would ya go to a whore house for a hair cut? Why would you go to an ''INK" show and expect to see iron?

" All great truths begin as blasphmies "

14. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

The show is about tattoos first, bands second and cars third. If you've never been, it's an experience and I recommend it. I've been twice, however, that being said, last year, my wife and I arrived a few minutes before they were suppose to open. They delayed the opening for an hour and a half. If you go to spectate, arrive later when the line isn't so long and they are open. Because of the delay last year, my wife refuses to go this year. I hear the night life is wild...........

15. Copy Cop

Copy Cop

went once a couple years ago and the day i went there were verry few cars, a ton of kids, a lot of vendors and a few good bands, if you wanna avoid the "freak show" you might as well avoid Sunday cause that's when all the Psychobilly bands play, but for the money i spent getting in and getting down there i would consider the show a bust.

16. Maybe because it's called Ink and IRON :eek:

Think you're right

Groucho - I think you'll be disappointed unless you just go for the people watching/freak show

17. GovernorKC

GovernorKC

I went a few years ago as well. Came from WI. I would say its a culture event. The tattoo part was probably the biggest, along with the bands. there were a lot of nice cars there and the venue is awesome. but if your looking to travel to a car show, I think there would be better ones than Ink and Iron.

that being said, I had an awesome time. it was my first time in California.

18. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

I have heard about the same, its a culture event with cars, I havent been so Im going to check it all out on Sat.

19. I wasn't "expecting" anything. That's why I started this thread. The idea was to get an idea what to expect through this thread and then decide if I should go. Also, when did they change the name to just INK?:rolleyes:. So far it sounds like I should save my $$ for LARS

20. Deuces

Deuces

Some how, I don't see it being traditional.. It wasn't like that in the ol' dayz.. T-shirts, jeans, grease under yer fingernails and burnt rubber! :D

21. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

22. KaddyKimber

KaddyKimber
    from Denver, CO

This is definitely about the culture more than the cars. This is my first year going, but I have tattoos, love the bands that are headlining, and love the cars, so it sounds great to me. If you aren't into people watching and dealing with a bit of a circus, I would say it probably isn't for you.

24. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Ink and Iron = Tattoo's Music and Cars..
    Long Beach Motorama = CARS

That being said it's defiantly a Tattoo and Music event with Cars in the mix.. its a fun weekend checking out the bands and the people.. Great Bands playing this year!!

There is also a Burlesque show and a pole dancing competition :D

I'll be there as filming the whole event (for Ink and Iron)

25. <FANG>

<FANG>
    from W.L.A.

Found this on youtube might help you deside on attending

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5X5N2vCz0DI?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5X5N2vCz0DI?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

26. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

27. 55kustomzombie

55kustomzombie

I have been attending for the past few years, defenetly a culture show. But it's fun none the less, I always enjoy it:)

28. Primer Podcast

Primer Podcast
    from LBC

29. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

It was on my list of shows I wanted to attend in the next few years till I saw the no cameras