Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Technical

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, Jun 17, 2014.

1. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

BGII has been on the road now since just after the first of year with some weather about as cold as I want to drive an open roadster, and some pretty hot weather also, with carbs (EDEL 4BBL X 2) hooked up progressive and now I want to try 6 mos. with carbs suynchronized together. May experiment some also with full man. vacuum vs present ported, to vac. advance on MSD dist.
    I'd like to use a UNI-SyN to synchronize @ idle, but can't find one for 4 bbl carbs. Anybody tried fabbing an adaptor to use the 2 bbl UNI-SYN on an AFB or EDEL?
    If no, any other suggestions for an accurate job of synchonizing, want to get it right before I start comparing results. ????????

2. squirrel

squirrel

I think you'll find it's not critical. The way I do it on my blower motor is to just make the screw adjustments identical on both. Close the throttles all the way, turn in the idle screws to get them both to open up just a bit (the same number of screw turns after the screw contacts the stop). Same with the idle mixture.

On a little engine with a separate intake port for each carb, synchronization is important. On a typical dual quad intake where both carbs feed all the cylinders, not so much.

3. Fuck that progressive crap run them both WFO. Run what ya brung is coming and you got some youngins to beat :)

4. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

You can try the hose in the ear trick if your hearing is good like mine is not.
    But as squirrel said its not that important on a common plenum intake.