Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Technical

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Never2old, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Never2old

Never2old
    from so cal

I spotted something in the clip from Happy Days that I’ve wondering about since I bought my rpu from the original owners daughter. The wiper motor. What can anyone tell me about how well it works and anything else pertinent to using one like it?

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. Budget36

Budget36

3. BJR

BJR

Can you do an interpretive dance to explain your question better?:D

4. Never2old

Never2old
    from so cal

does anybody use a wiper motor like this one? wiper motor.jpg

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Frank Carey

Frank Carey

Since we don't know what the wiper motor is from it's hard to answer your question. What are you looking for? Two speed? Width of wipe? Park when turned off? Your's might be a marine application. RPUs had a hand operated wiper. (Was fun to operate mine by hand when state inspector asked me to turn on wiper for annual inspection we had at that time. He sighed and asked the year. I replied 1929. He just shook his head and punched my card as OK.)

Truck64 likes this.
  6. F&J

F&J
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Early Trico Folberth motor made for cars, from what I can see. If it's Trico, the middle band that holds the two ends together would have the Trico & Folberth names stamped on it. Chromed on open cars, black ones for closed cars and trucks used a bigger style in black.

Web search shows that one British company also made a similar one with the same Folberth name. That's all I know.

alchemy likes this.
  7. Tri-power37

Tri-power37

I google image searched “ marine universal wiper motor” and found lots of images of something close to that wiper motor in your picture. Some of them even have chrome/shiny housings .Sorry I can’t drag the picture to this thread but I am not that good with this computer yet and my kids grew up and moved out!!

8. Tri-power37

Tri-power37

8C8C8EF4-4FD8-41B7-BA92-0AC23A634311.png Like this ( one of my kids came over)

9. Never2old

Never2old
    from so cal

Well it looks a hell of lot better than any others I’ve seen. It was original equipment on my ‘29 rpu so I’m going to install it and if I ever get caught in the rain I’ll let you know how it works.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.