Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical questions

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Kurt Kaloyerakis, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Kurt Kaloyerakis

Kurt Kaloyerakis

Why haven’t I received any feedback on my post ?
    Thanks

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  2. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Maybe all the members that read it yesterday do not have a 48 Flat 6 to answer you.
    It's been just a little over 24 hours.
    Be patient - I'm sure someone will read it that has some knowledge and reply.

HOTRODPRIMER and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. Kurt Kaloyerakis

Kurt Kaloyerakis

Ok, wasn’t sure if I posted correctly as I’m a newbie

4. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

The title may have something to do with it. Bob

6. Welcome to the HAMB. You might want to spend a bit of time just lurking around and getting a feel for how this place operates. If your flathead was a V8 instead of a I-6 you'd probably have dozens of guys quoting you specs off the top of their head. Being that this is a more performance oriented site the I-6 isn't that frequently seen here. Here's some basic info that turned up with a quick browser search.

https://itstillruns.com/tuneup-spec...cifications-for-a-1950-ford-226-c.i.-flathead

http://www.theclassicford.com/1948_ford_226Six_tuneup.htm

Depending on the time of day your post was made, it can get shuffled down several pages pretty quickly. You don't list your geographical location, but if your post appears in the U.S. at 2:00 AM it may not be seen by the biggest audience. Not every post receives a reply within an hour. A bit of patience tends to pay off in the long run.

Pictures of the engine, intake and carb in question, and the ignition system will all prove helpful. I suspect that the distributor may be your biggest stumbling block if you're not familiar with Ford's Loadomatic distributor.

The37Kid, wraymen and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. ^^^^Great advice^^^^