Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tech Week Threads 4/2-4/16

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zman, Apr 2, 2010.

1. JBOLTON

JBOLTON

2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

3. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

4. tdog

tdog
    from Omaha, NE

I am truely a FNG.........Thanks

5. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

6. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

7. 117harv

117harv

8. Irish

Irish

9. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Put this in its own posting and put the link in this post...

10. rocketbob

rocketbob
    from West Texas

11. badshifter

badshifter

Well here is my Tech Week Submition. Need nice rolled edge wheel tubs or inner fenders for your hot rod? Here is a great looking and cheap solution with no real special tools or skills needed. In this example I needed wheel tubs for an O/T build 55 truck. Bought 2 trailer fenders 16 gauge steel for 17 bucks a piece. In this case the fenders I ordered had a nice rolled outer edge and a flanged inner that I drill for mounting. I took a 2 inch section out to get the width I wanted. I've used a cut off wheel, a jig saw or a plasma. Welded back together flush, You can also overlap and spot weld from the inside. Then I trimmed the fender to length and drilled and bolted the fender to the bed side. Then took a piece of 16 gauge and put a 1 inch flange using a brake, and held it up to the mounted fender. Scribe the inside, cut and check fit. Weld a section at a time to keep from warping, grind and done! I've used this method many times to make wheel tubs, inner fenders, even small fenders to make trans humps. Works great, looks great and is cheap. You can buy double rolled edge fenders and split down the middle for narrow tubs or wheel wells. Motorcycle fenders work well too but are usually more expensive than trailer fenders. Hope you can use this.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  12. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Ok, I'm going to give this a try. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466009

Not sure if the link will work, if not it is somehwere out there on the board. It is a low budget phase convertor thread. I know shane is hoping for metal working type posts. but some of the metal working equipment out there is 3 phase, and guys might benefit from this budget rotary phase convertor!!! Thanks to the HAMB, Shane, and the other guys at Baileigh for putting this tech week together, and for all the other tech weeks as well. Good luck guys.

13. RacerRick

RacerRick

Heres my crappy tech attempt thread...

I soooo need to get a better still camera.