I did this a few years back but it'll still work today! Back then, after much searching, I found a pair of decent used bun panels for $500. Way too much money.....I'll make my own! My panels were beyond toast! What metal that still existed was paper thin. First order of business was to determine the contour on the original panel. Off to Pick-N-Pull to scavenge the appropriate sheet metal. Scored this hood off a '91 Chevy van for $35 on half price day! Turns out all Chevy and GMC van hoods from the late '80's to the mid '90's are the same hood so any of 'em will work! The contour is a spot on match for the roadster bun panel! Had to remove the inner structure by cutting about 50 spot welds. A $5 HF spot weld cutter is your friend! Back to the bun panel to remove the skin. Had to do some slicing with the cutoff wheel and some hammer and chisel work. The skin is spot welded to the support brackets in several places. Wasn't even gonna mess with the lower section 'cause they were so far gone. Too many compound curves! I ordered a pair of patch panels from Howells ($80). Mocked 'em up to see how close they fit. Not too bad! Now back to the donor sheetmetal. This concave curve needs to come out of the van hood. I hammered it flat simply by chucking a length of angle iron in the vise and using it as a stationary dolly. Next I laid the old bun panel skin on the new metal and made a rough outline. Then I cut away any excess metal giving myself an extra inch or so just to be sure. You'll notice there's not quite enough metal to lay out the entire panel. It's a little short in the upper front section. Simply a matter of welding in a small patch section later in the build. Mounted the support brackets to the subframe. Then I mocked up the new bun and extension panels to the support brackets to determine position and tacked them in. Trimmed to fit and welded the extension to the panel. I cut the corner section off an old washing machine I had and used it to solve two problems. First I used it to extend the upper part of the new bun panel that was short, as referred to earlier, and also used it to create a new door jamb. I also cut another piece off the washing machine. This is the side section of the top cover. It's perfect for a top cap on the bun panel. Had to pie cut the heck outta it to get the curve but it turned out well. Now I got a place to rest my arm while cruisin'! The short side was used to graft into the bun panel whereas the longer side allows some material for attaching interior pieces when the need arises. Sliced and welded up this rear section so it would suck up against the rear support bracket. Here's the two panels side by side. A skim coat of bondo and a layer of epoxy primer and they're good to go! Considering both were made from repurposed materials, and for very little money....I'm very pleased with the results. They're currently on my avatar roadster and they look like factory originals!