we shaved the door handles on the '57 buick and so along with our new product I have to install solenoids, linkage, etc. I ran into several problems using the stuff supplied with the solenoid kit. There are a lot of better ways I am sure to do this and I kinda learned as I went so here's what I did and a few things not to do. First the black semi-flexible tubing used to encase the pull cables doesn't work very well. It is a pain to cut because of the inner spiral steel core and it isn't all that flexible. I tried using small wire harness clamps and such to get to to make the 90 degree turn I needed in the small space and it kept slipping free of the clamps and therefore increasing the slop in the pull cord and it wouldn't work anymore. I solved this problem with some copper tubing. I should have used 3/16 brake line, but I figured that out later. I bent up some tubing with the correct curves and clamped to the inside of the door. ran the cable through and hooked it up to the appropriate places and now it doesn't fail and the conduit for the cable never changes shape. Next issue I had was that the solenoid would either bend the rod or struggle to actuate the inside door handle while it was trying to unlatch the door. I had to change the solid rod going across the door to a cable so that it would still be able to pull and unlatch the door from inside, but also not be able to push against the spring loaded inner door handle. This is where I learned 3/16 brake line is better than the tubing. I bought a piece of 3/16 brake line of appropriate length, ground off the flares and wire brushed the ends until the edges were all rounded off to avoid destroying the cable. Ran cable through the tubing and mounted the tubing back in the original spot where the rod was, even using the original clips. I hooked the end up to the stock latch linkage and the other end up to the door handle and it works great. now some things I might do differently next time. I am a little worried about the longevity of the cable rubbing against the ends of the tubing, so I thought of getting slightly larger tubing and buying small nylon bushings or inserts (ACE hardware has a big variety) and jamming them in the ends of the tubes. Also, don't use picture hanging wire.. it sucks and the cable stops will chop it right in half if you tighten it too tight. You need to get stuff like lawnmower throttle cable or the very small braided steel cable. Lawnmower cable brackets and other hardware work great for this stuff as well. I hate the way I had to use cable stops to attach it. it looks crappy, but I'm not sure what else to use. I need tiny little clevis type things that crimp onto cable or something..