Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tech? Refurbishing Swap Meet Tailights

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tman, May 24, 2004.

1. LEDS are just wrong

redzula and Frankie47 like this.
  2. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

I totally agree, I just want to make sure the boys and girls that are drawn to them like a moth to flame are safe on the road if they install them.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    redzula and Tman like this.
  3. -Brent-

-Brent-

This is great, thanks! Too bad some of the pics vanished... still worthy info.

4. Thanks, the old pics were done at the old hot rod shop I worked at. I dunno if I even have them on a disk anymore?

5. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

Trying this myself. Thanks for posting.

6. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I cant show the pics as my dune car is OT but I had a plastic VW tail light lens that had a crack, broken interior mount (but the piece was still in there) and some marring from what looked like a garage door. I removed the lens and mixed up some clear epoxy to fix the broken bits and after dry time I wet sanded it down to 5000 and headed for the buffer. The trick is keeping the heat down and using a lot of compound. I used black ebony tonight and it worked well. Don't get the plastic too hot but you want to work the scratches out so it takes some trial and error. Do not try this for the first time on a irreplaceable lens. The tail light turned out very nice and looks brand new...other than the blue dots.