Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tech Postings Before Tech Weeks

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 49 Custom, Mar 2, 2010.

1. 49 Custom

49 Custom

Hi folks. I just noticed on the main board that some view tech articles that are posted after one tech week and before the next might not qualify for a tech week competition. Is this intentional/accurate? It surely would discourage posting when the information becomes available in favor of witholding it for specific times.

Thanks,
    Stefan

2. Paul

Paul
    Editor

yes, new tech only for the given Tech Week,

in my mind there is nothing wrong with "holding back" tech
    hopefully it means the quality of the posting is that much better

the flip side of your point would be that all previous tech would also be in the running
    that would not work

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The way I look at it, and many others as well, posting tech on this board not about "winning" something but about sharing and giving back to the community. Offical Tech Weeks with prizes and stuff is just icing on the cake.....plus tech Week keeps ALL OT crap off the board. :D

4. 49 Custom

49 Custom

I imagine that could be handled by only accepting tech posts subsequent to the most recent tech week, much like the Oscars include all films released during the last gap between judgings (which happens to be a year for the Oscars).