Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tech; E-Z Wireing helper;

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pist-n-Broke, May 24, 2007.

1. If you've ever wired a car from scratch you've delt with trying to hold the harness in place prior to final mounting. You either use and cut a fist full of Zip Ties or it's Electrical tape that you place and remove multiple times. No matter how many times you've done this Job there is always something you forgot to do once you think it's finnished. Now you get to cut all those Zip ties "again" to add one more wire so it looks good.
    Years ago I found a Helper in my Wifes Gardening supplies of all places. It's called "Sturdie Twist" and is used to tie flower stems to a stake. This stuff comes in a 150' roll and is generally Green with a cutter mounted on the roll package. It's CHEEP, Like $3.oo in the store. It's plastic coated soft Copper and can be twisted many many times without braking. It makes a grate temporary hanger and strong enough to keep everything where you want it. Once everything is done then you can install the Zip Ties one time and be done.
    It only sounds Silly untill you try it. I keep a roll of it on my Terminal Cart all the time.
    The Wizzard

2. james

james

Also, look in the "velcro" area of home depot, they have velcro zip ties. Great for stuff like this until you are done and want to properly secure it.