Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Tech category???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 19Eddy30, Dec 27, 2014.

1. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

At one time wasn't there a tech category ,
    I remember being there , there was a lot of cool build's and how too,
    or was it Progect category ? No mater what category I am unable to find
    it .

2. flthd31

flthd31

Ryan, in his infinite wisdom, felt casting them into oblivion on the main forum was the way to go.
    I started a thread on this a while back. Truthfully, very few seemed to notice or care very much.
    Here's a link:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/has-the-tech-archive-been-dumped.940958/

langy likes this.
  3. It really sucks that it's gone.
    Opinion threads, what color should I threads, what's it worth threads are not as valuable IMO as the tech threads but they are now treated as equals. All mixed into everything with a search function that's marginal at best.

langy and flthd31 like this.
  4. That was something that disappeared when the new site was launched.

When I read some of the questions regarding the current Hamb format I am reminded of a quote by Alexander Graham Bell. HRP

"When one door closes, another opens. But we often look so regretfully upon the closed door that we don’t see the one which has opened for us."

5. flthd31

flthd31

That is incorrect. The Tech Archive was intact after the "launch" for months. The removal came quite a while after that.
    ...and please show us the way to the "door that has opened for us". You talking about the advertizements or the permanent "sticky" for t-shirts etc?
    I'm aware that logging in prevents them, just seems a lot of effort has been spent on commercialization and little else.

langy likes this.
  6. I beg to differ,the most recent update saw the heading of tech archives disappear,

It seems that the update was a mixed bag,we gained a lot of features that made the site easier to post photos and videos but with the change we lost the ease of access to a huge collection of technical post under one category.

Most are still out there but you do have to invest a lot of time trying to sort through the thousands of threads to find that particular gem you are looking for.

Obviously you failed to understand the analogy,how about can't see the trees for the forest?

Complaining about what is wrong never accomplished anything,if the Hamb was gone then we all would loose a valuable tool.

I am unfamiliar with the advertisements and t shirt sticky's you are referring to,possibility being a alliance member I am spared the advertisements but even if I did it would be a small inconvenience to pay to be part of the best damn internet site that caters to Hot Rods & customs! HRP

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  7. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Select the box indicated projects or technical to the right of subject line of a posting and it will steer you towards more of the same.

slack likes this.
  8. flthd31

flthd31

The HAMB has evolved into more of a social media type of experience...the "valuable tool" part has been declining rapidly. Most old builders don't bother anymore.

Complaining? God forbid...I know by even mentioning a "dislike" might get me banned. You've probably already reported me to Ryan.

Vicky is right on with this comment. Now...where is that thread about "What are u paying for gas"?

dos zetas and langy like this.
  9. Amen HRP !!!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  10. jseery

jseery
    from Wichita KS

Agree with the above! I was on here daily, now maybe once a month. Get tired of all the Facebook type of post.