I've always liked the way air scoops look on drilled backing plates... I figured I'd try to make my own, instead of buying some nice spendy ones. I spotted these stainless butter dishes at Target, and immediately thought it was something I could work with... Here's what I did with a $10 butter dish and a few hours of labor... Just what I thought... this will fit great... These are Wilson Welding's "Lincoln" backing plates. First I cut it in half, and then trimmed it to shape... Then I cut a piece out of the bottom tray to fill in the back... Sorry guys, you're gonna need a TIG for this one... I welded the filler piece in first... smoothed it all out, then drilled some holes for air flow... the smaller holes are for rivets, to fasten it to the backing plate... Drilled the backing plate to match... The scoop looked really cheap with the front wide open... so next, I cut a piece and filled the front in. I couldn't decide if I was going to drill holes or cut slots or what. I drilled the front full of staggered holes, but it didn't look right... so ended up cutting it out to this shape... I figured I'd better sandwich this screen under the scoop, to keep rocks and crap out... Here's a shot of it riveted to the backing plate- Here's some quick mock up shots of what it looks like on there... Still have some detail filing to do and I'll probably polish them up, once I start assembling everything... after paint and all that. Unless I come up with something else.