Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tech advice T5 trans

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 39ChevyRatRod, Apr 22, 2008.

1. 39ChevyRatRod

39ChevyRatRod

Ok I know this is going to be a dumb question but I want to ues the T5 5 speed in my next project and all I can find easily available are the 4 cyd versions. What are the strength differences between these and the V8 ones. Will they survive behind a V8 if not thrashed too hard. Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks

2. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

3. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Use the above search function and search T-5, there are many references on the HAMB and links to T-5 pages on the net.
    A good way to find what you need for used parts is; http://car-part.com/

Hope this helps
    jim h

4. 73RR

73RR

Don't overlook the article in a past issue of Hemmings. It should be required reading for anyone considering a t-5. Search for 't-5 swap' in the July 2004 issue of Hemmings Muscle magazine.

5. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Unfortunately, you can't search for "T5" or "T-5" - the search function ignores search terms 3 characters or less. You can use google to search the site. The link novatattoo provided in post #2 should provide plenty of reading...(same as the link in my sig)

6. I am glad you clarified that - I tried to do that search this morning before I posted - WHY DON'T YOU DO A SEARCH???? like everybody always does.

I couldn't find much.

How do you use google to search the site? - no wait - I'll try a search first before I ask that question.

7. 73RR

73RR

Perhaps FlatErnie misread my reference to a search in Hemmings, NOT here on the Hamb.

Hemmings.com
    Go to 'Search Archive' under the Publications tab
    In the search box, simply enter 't-5" and several articles magically appear for your selection. Look for t-5 swap...

8. 39ChevyRatRod

39ChevyRatRod

Thanks for all the links guys, looks like I got a lot of reading to do I have scanned through some of it and looks like I'll find my answer in there somewhere. Thanks again for the help.

9. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor