Register now to get rid of these ads!

TECH: 47-54 Chevy truck on S10 short bed frame WITHOUT shortening bed...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustombuilder, Nov 24, 2006.

1. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

mine will lay frame when i'm done, cause i'm gay like that :D... i am using a 65 msutinag gas tank under the rear of the bed. i removed the stock S-10 rear cross member that held the spare tire. i will have a new cross member ahead of the gas tank and one behind it that will actually be made from a Reese hitch. dual purpose cross member/hitch. beats havin one hanging under the truck. this will be behind the rolled pan or bumper or what the hell ever i end up doing back there. have'nt even given that detail a lick of thought yet. too much else to do first.

so how did the weekend go on Court's truck Dan?? wish i coulda made it.

2. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Truck went well, Mike. Still a bit to go before we fire it. Got a PCV issue to contend with, 65 327 with dump tube and the manifold was blocked off! AND a broken off stud AND easy out in the head. No biggie!! Oh, and the engine is back an inch too far.

I've got that trans for you.

3. sickytwisted

sickytwisted

Any more progress pics?