Register now to get rid of these ads!

"TEAM HAMB" Car Warriors?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LANCE-SPEED, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

NOW CASTING: CAR WARRIORS IS BACK FOR SEASON 2
    The ultimate car building television showdown is coming back for season 2 - and it will be bigger than ever. Starting NOW, the Car Warriors casting department is seeking submissions for new challenge teams from across the country. We are recruiting teams with crazy talent who are eager to show the world their skills.

IT WILL BE A PRESSURE COOKER... ...FROM START TILL FINISH.

WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
    If you are enthusiastic and passionate about building cars---and if you can prove it, we want to hear from you!
    If you are competitive and opinionated and not afraid to show it... If you know of 6 people that can build a car from top to bottom, and can have fun doing it...
    If you are up to the challenge of putting your skills to the test under the craziest car building schedule ever...

YOUR TEAM OF SIX CAR WARRIORS SHOULD INCLUDE:

One body and paint person.

One body and paint person who can airbrush.

One interior person who can do complete automotive interior.

One interior person who can install over the top sound and audio systems.

One mechanical and drive-train expert from driveline to differential, to engine install to brakes.

One mechanic whose strength is fabrication.​

To be considered to compete on Season 2 of Car Warriors send an email with the following to [email protected] NO LATER THAN MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 26th:

1.) Name and contact info for team members
    2.) Picture(s) of team members
    3.) A few sentences about your skill level and experience why you have what it takes to compete on Car Warriors!

2. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

I've seen this show. What's the parts crib going to look like if Hamb'rs have a team? Full of vintage parts?:confused: The guys would just stand there for five days in the parts crib staring and drooling. That's not good TV. Lol.

3. I've seen the show as well... Is this a joke??

4. badshifter

badshifter

I was asked to do Season 1. I declined. That's as nice as I can put it.

5. Builtforsin

Builtforsin

They'd give a HAMB team a 1992 Buick Century to build. Also, who's gunna be the white guy trying desperately to be gangsta?

Don't get me wrong, this community could field a team that'd kick ass and build something awesome. But I've seen that show, and it seems like they want clowns that'll play a role in the most cliche manner possible.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  6. Racrdad

Racrdad

we all have our opinions and this is just mine, that show blows

7. 1954Bill

1954Bill
    from Long Beach

8. brad2v

brad2v

I share that opinion, I've seen it once, admittedly took me a while to change the channel, but only because of the "car crash" element. Hard to look away...

9. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

10. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Real life is evidently harsher than reality TV. truth be told, even without any faux drama. Gary

11. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

This week it's an '84 Volvo wagon. The parts bin has a set of 20" wheels and a set of "coveted" 28" wheels (oh, which lucky team will get those?), man, the two do not compute. IF, however, their was a special HAMB episode with the loudest, loud mouths on the HAMB, competing against the "All Stars" team building a somewhat trad hot rod(?)....well, I'd enjoy a beer watching that.

12. edweird

edweird

and let ryan stock the parts bin.

13. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I think HAMB members have WAY too much taste in cars to subject themselves to building a "car" on that show. I was hoping it would go away after season one, you mean it is actually getting renewed? (insert gagging icon here :eek:)

On every forum I am on Car Warriors is held up as an example of what a car show should not be. The only one worse on tv is My Ride Rules. (insert TWO gagging icons here)

Had to get this news right before dinner, too.

Don

14. I just can't believe that a guy like Ian Roussel would sign up for a show like this. He has built some pretty cool stuff on his own and made out pretty good with the videos he's done. Guess everyone has a price.

15. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

lol, I might have a shot :D

16. BobbyD

BobbyD
    from Belmont NC

Same goes for "Ryno" on there, he's a top of the line painter, can't believe he'd get involved in something so damn stupid as that show

17. Muttley

Muttley

That show sounds pretty [​IMG] to me.

18. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

Name something better to watch on tv..........About cars anyway lets here it...........

19. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

PassTime for one. Pinks all out (if you ignore Rich and Willie B), My Classic Car, Hot Rod TV..........

Don

20. 8-Track

8-Track

what H.A.M.B.ers would make up the dream team? mabe a hamb team would make the show alot better.

21. dexleo2

dexleo2

My personal opinion is the show is horriable!!!! Just like all the other crap on TV- every show it seems these days has to have a bunch of drama about stupid shit in it now days. Pinks all out was a good show to watch till the last season and then they added the drama into the story line and it went down hill fast. I don't watch TV anymore. Nascar and my classic car where the only things I watch on tv. Now I just watch my Classic Car. I spend the little free time I have surfing the H.A.M.B- Very little drama- Great info!!!!!!

22. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Just about anything that doesn't have hyped up fights, unrealistic deadlines, a "contest or race" to do something.

I specifically remember one of Boyd's shows where Charlie the painter took us thru the entire prep and paint on a roadster. It was a class, a lecture, a demonstration, a REALLY useful and informative show. That's what I want to watch. Show me how to do it! I suppose that was the only show they did like that. There may have been some stupid deadline deal plugged into the plot, just because the directors don't know how to do it any other way, but I can't remember much of that part, I guess. Gary

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  23. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

What? 5 days of watching HAMBer's drink beer and argue about if it is traditional or not or enough, all compacted into 1 hour......
    Yeah, that will make that show better!

24. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

only if its a gasser build ,,,that will get the shit stirring.... it would be funny watching a bunch of our guys build a car that we would like and have the other guys build their normal stuff.... we would loose the contest,,but would be winners to a select few....

25. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

Hambers are too cool for that show!

26. Lee_ATx

Lee_ATx
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's why I spend my time in the garage.:rolleyes:

27. I think most of us elder HAMBers would not participate . We'd fall asleep before we filled out the application and would have to have scheduled naps during the build.

28. Very little drama on the HAMB? I would say only interesting drama on the HAMB. Of course great info...

29. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

I've actually been watching a lot of HDTV lately. They have Cafe Racer and a show narrated by Chip Foose "hot rod", Pass Time on Speed, auto auction shows, antique auction shows - yea, my poor wife.:eek:

30. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

RTM productions (Horse Power , Muscle Car , Extreme 4x4 etc.) These guys are pretty decent with no drama shows but far as tech goes they work in a make believe shop. I remember back in the day when Shade Tree Mechanic was on the air and they built a TPI SBC powered T-Bucket on the show. That car sat at a rod shop here in Greenville for weeks to actually get it running. But if you watched it on TV they pluged it up and it fired right up soon as they bumped the starter....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.