Register now to get rid of these ads!

TE440 Dragster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by marshall, Nov 1, 2012.

1. marshall

marshall
    from tacoma/wa.

Has any one here had a new TE440 or Dragmaster frame pass an NHRA 8.50 or 7.50 tech?

2. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

NHRA, I doubt it, Mine might come close but I wouldn't count ot it , doesn't have much of the orignal look anymore , TE440 are more of a HAMB Drags ,outlaw track type deal, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

3. marshall

marshall
    from tacoma/wa.

any one else had any luck?

4. voxnut

voxnut
    from sacramento

I don't know why they would even come close in "stock" form. If you look at the chassis, and then look at the rulebook/sfi specs, there's a whole lotta bars missing. You could add the bars and probably pass, but then you're compromising the vintage look.

5. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I"ve had an original TE 440 and a K 88. Neither will come close to passing current tech.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

It amazes me how far the nhra has their head up their ass these days....

7. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

They have a bad case of, It's my playground, And my rules, BUT getting back to the chassis question They were built in a time when safety was an after thought:confused: Rich Venza posted this pic reminding everyone these type car can come back and bite you, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

8. kennkat

kennkat

Looks like a clutch explosion to me... certainly one problem a car currently running should not have... Right? Improved technology there should be at the front of your "to do list".. or darn close, in my opinion. Although many years ago when I had a Dragmaster with a SBC & 'Glide, the 'precarious' placement of the Quick-change to my "family jewels" made me wonder if that little 1/8" thick chrome shield really would keep those spur gears off of my nuts:D in the event of a cat's ass trophy...:eek:

9. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Dragsled, it appears to me whatever happened the drivers area stayed intact, and it certainly does look like a 440. Personally i feel safety in our daily lives has gotten to the point of it being a pain in the ass, and it shouldnt be. The way i see it with sports, sure a few people die because of something, thats life, and truthfully it is a lot of the adventure in it. There is always somebody willing to take the place, yea its a bloodsport point of view, but it also happends to be part of the excitement

10. Ron Mayes

Ron Mayes

put a motorcycle seat , drag bars up front and ride it like a drag bike !!! NO Problem .

11. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How often have we heard, "Boy, they don't build em like that anymore..."? I usually answer, "Good thing they don't." How would you like to be driving your new car with the gas tank inside and over your legs? How about your new truck with the tank right up against your back? How about no more hood stops so the hood can guillotine you or the passenger in full front wreck? We should lose crumple zones too so we can wear our new injected drivetrains in the same scenario. Or, how about a car runnin nitro bent up outta muffler tubing? Yeah, that's what I thought. The famed "Winged Express", driven by the inimitable "Wild Willie", was made out of muffler tubing so they could fix it in any town they were in. Safety? It's not just for sissies anymore. Check out this month's HOT ROD magazine...

12. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

You mean frameS? Plural.......;)

Haha

13. marshall

marshall
    from tacoma/wa.