Register now to get rid of these ads!

TCI Mustang II in a 51 Chevy delux

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ratrodjunkie, Jan 15, 2010.

1. ratrodjunkie

ratrodjunkie

I am fixin to buy a mustang II kit for my 51 Chevy delux. I have been researching the different kits. I am leaning twords the TCI kit. The only thing I am not sure about is how low the car will be with dropped spindles with the TCI setup. I want it to be low but still easily driveable on the ruff roads around Houston. Some people I have talked to say the TCI kit won't go very low. They say I need to buy a universal kit and raise the crossmember up higher.
    Please tell me what yall think about this. I will be running a average size radial tire with a whitewall and coil springs.
    I would really like to see some pics posted and tell me exactly what suspension you are running. Thanks

2. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

if you want it low, get a welder series crossmember and buy a TCI kit minus crossmember.. That way you can set the crossmember to your ride height..

i know this may not be of any help, but i have the welder series crossmember, cut to my measurements i wanted, and the front ride height is perfect for me.

[​IMG]

3. 40 DAVE

40 DAVE

TCI kit,dropped spindles with 1 coil cut from springs.

Attached Files:

4. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

thanks for the link... an advantage to our MII kit is you set the ride height you want, then take measurements from the frame/spindle centerline and trim our crossmember to fit. All you do is full in a worksheet included with the kit and transfer those dimensions to the crossmember.

If you have any questions, please give us a call! 888-648-2150. I hope we can help with your project.

5. aldixie

aldixie

I'm running Jaguar IFS on mine. I'm in Deer Park so if you want to take a look no problem.

Alex