Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tanks Inc. (I am NOT impressed!)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustomolds, Jun 14, 2010.

1. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

I know I'm going to catch some flack from this, but:

I don't know about Tanks business, but with mine, one of the reasons I went into business for myself was so I could determine what hours I work. If I wanted to take every Friday off through the summer, thats would be what I would do. Maybe they have a list of vendors for that very reason. Seems I remember reading that a well known cam grinder was closed every morning because that was when he was grinding cams. If you wanted to buy one from him, you called during the hours he had listed.

How hard is it to call someone during their business hours (or days)? If that doesn't work for you, call one of their vendors. Gene

2. kustomolds

kustomolds

I guess what really upset me was that 1) they couldnt give me a total of what was going to be charged to my Debit card and 2)they couldn't give me a straight answer as to WHEN the thing would be shipped.

I'm sure that i wil be happy with the tank, but i guess i would just like a straight answer to the questions (total and shipping).

3. yblock292

yblock292

Yea but you probably traded rabbits for it

4. 5window

5window

I've got the same story. Bought mine 5 years ago. Got weird talking to the factory lady when I wanted to pick it up, bought it from Yogi's and got it quickly. Four years later the cap grommet went wonky and they sent me two new ones right away. Flaky, but a good product. If you want it right away, you need to find a vendor who has it and will do same day shipping, not the factory. They likely don't have time to set up and mail a single unit.

5. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Own three right now. The oldest one is 12 years old and the grommet has not "rotted away". They are ok in my book.

6. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

I got mine from Yogi's. They had it in stock. ( I went down and picked it up ) I think you would be better to buy through a vendor that has a shop that builds cars. They probably have used the product and can answer any questions.

Well that is what I have experienced from anything I got at Yogi's.

7. brpowel4

brpowel4

I ordered mine (universal tank) through Kenny's Rods and Kustom out of Ohio. They were really nice. It was dropped shipped directly from Tanks, Inc. with free shipping. got it 4 days later. Can't complain about that.

Bryan

8. Shawn M

Shawn M

I bought a tank from them two years ago. Product and service were both great, no complaints here.

9. 5window

5window

This thread seems to be turning into a testimonial for Yogi's, rather than a bash on Tanks, Inc. That's fine with me-all my dealings with Yogi's have been good.

10. Parr Automotive in OKC is good as well. :)

11. 41woodie

41woodie

Amen on Parr, they had the tank I needed in stock. Unfortunately it required remaking the brackets that hold the tank in place. Otherwise a nice tank.

12. fordor41

fordor41

I bought a TANKS unit for my "41 Ford. Was suspost to have threaded inserts for the bolts. None in mine. Fuel sender was offset so it wouldn't line up with the access panel in the trunk. Was a bear to install with the body on (original could be dropped out and installed in 1/2 hr). Believe best way to go is a new steel tank.

13. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Been buying and selling Tanks products since the beginning. They have always done right by me.

14. I have used two Tank's fuel tanks ,bought from the factory , found the service hospitable and the product first class, will use them again ,,,,

Attached Files: