Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tall T built in Ontario Canada in 1965?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ratmotor, Jun 11, 2012.

1. My buddy bought this Tall T coupe on the weekend at the Barrie automotive swap meet. We were told by the seller who was a dealer that the car was originally built in 1965. It has a small block Chevy with dual Dellorto carbs and an automatic.My buddy would like to know if its the real deal and any history about it such as original builder etc. Ontario Canada is supposed to be its hot rod birth place.....

Attached Files:

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Mustang steering, heim joints, speedway axle? Hard to tell? Cool none the less.

3. Jen......

Jen......

very nice looking T

Jen

4. Saw that on Kijiji. It looked like a vintage build to me. Very cool.

5. HuffDaddy

HuffDaddy

Looks cool! can you post some more pictures?

6. rusty A

rusty A

Im not to sure on the build time line. Ive seen it once or twice in preson. Nice ride all and all

7. hotrodkiwi

hotrodkiwi

Good looking T!

8. I'm with Royal Shifter. Lots of newerish stuff on there.

I'm a big sceptic of sellers claims...sometimes bullshit comes with a price....and some guys shovel it on thick, thinking they can bump the price up.

Remember this. If it has history, some of it has already been replaced...not a big selling feature.

Plus, the onus is on the seller to prove the vintage of the vehicle, if he's claiming or adding a value to it based on the story.

The exact same principle applies with antiques, art, collectibles, etc....

Boils down to this... No historical proof, no historical value, no added dollar value.

On the other hand, historical proof could prove historical value...sometimes adding significant dollar value.

Without knowing an asking price, it's hard for any of us to offer an opinion.

9. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

Very nice here is a pic of my 27

Attached Files:

• 20.jpg
      20.jpg
      File size:
      50.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  10. It very well could have been built in '65 originally then upgraded over time. Remember what we now call traditional was not important until recently. Rodders used to upgrade wirth every comming fad.

It is a nice looking car and it wouldn't take much to make it appear more traditional if that is what the buyer is after, or leave it as is personalize it a bit and drive it.

I would not try and restore it to its original gloey unless I found out that it once belonged to insert your favorite person here .

11. I think my buddy is going to drive the wheels off of it as it is. He bought it it to have fun with not as an investment. That being said it would still be cool to know who built it and when....

12. I usually say that I don't give a flip who once owned my car but if I could lay my hands on a nice car to start with or one that obviously had history I would like to know as well. It would be neat to know where that one came from.

Look under the seats sometimes you can find out tidbits of the history by looking under the seats.

13. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Time periods were never accurately followed by actual people...but I would try to find origin of interior. White rolled would register as about 1960 and back, older than '65 or a deliberate statement. Ford emblem and front end look newer...might be a car with multiple layers of build history, older brakes and interior with recent rebuild on chassis??

14. Looks like most of the original stuff is gone...newer block,rear diff,heim joints, MSD now,post 69 column etc...body and frame with pleated vinyl interior seems to be original. It also has a shortened 54 Ford dash in it.

15. Hey Ratmotor , I was gonna mention the dash, the really old red and white naugahyde interior, the striping... This car was right down the road from me up to a few years ago,guy had bought it as a retirement toy when he went out of the constructiob industry,drove it to about two shows and decided he'd rather have a 50 s custom. He hounded me to swap for my 59 Mercury and had I not recently had twin daughters, Id have ma the deal there and then, needed a change of wheels, had a set of really gross homemade headers that I'm sure a derby or tractor pulling guy had made was still running a stock Ford beam with about a three inch stretch and split bones that I would have left all alone. I say authentic,just had a few bad upgrade choices since then, can be a very cool car easily.. My favorite early rodder 27 Coupe to date with the few items fixed and the paint left alone and honest...

16. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

I'm sure I saw the car in the Picton area a few years ago, at a car show with a for sale sign on it. Maybe someone from that area knows its history. Paging Mr. Dolmetsch.

17. I believe its the same car that sat in Painswick, south of barrie for sale in the early 80s. The dash and interior look the same. I looked it over at Burls Creek