Register now to get rid of these ads!

Talk about BARN FIND.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PUNK RODDER, Sep 14, 2009.

1. COS

COS
    from KCMO

ERIC WILL YOU PLEASE STOP SHOWING THE WORLD MY SHIT!!! If you post any thing else the deal is off!!!

2. cool, ill take some of that stuff off your hands.......

3. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

4. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Alright... Lets see some more pics. Great find!

5. sixpac

sixpac
    from Courtenay

Holy shit may I browse please.

6. PUNK RODDER

PUNK RODDER
    from KC, MO.

There really isn't any rest of the story. We were introduced to him through another club member. He is trying to support his mother by selling it off bit by bit. Believe me there is no "I'll give you $10.00 for that heap of metal." He has been scowering EBay looking for prices and going through old Ford books/catalogs trying to base a price. You ask him what he wants for something and he says "What'll you give me for it?" Then it is like "Well those are bringing some bucks on Ebay." I got very worn out and tired very quickly. Matter of fact My buddy had a pile of stuff and he asked the guy what he wanted for it, and then the guy looked at me and said "What should I sell it for?" I was like WTF??? I told him I can't be the buyer and the seller at the same time.
    It was just a neat scene to see what 50 or so years of collecting that guys dad had done and I only snapped the two photos with my phone while I was there.
    We may go back one other time, but please don't hound me with emails to look for crap for you. I don't have the time nor the patience to go through that ordeal very long. I just posted this to show the non believers that there still are true barn finds out there. But just also know that the internet is usually known by many that are the younger generation that are responsible for getting rid of the stuff after their parents or grandparents pass on and many think they are sitting on a gold mine. If he wants to reasearch all that stuff and try to list it that way it will be there for many years to come.

7. Why can't I find these barns??:confused:

8. PUNK RODDER

PUNK RODDER
    from KC, MO.

Oh and if you don't know COS.....Ummm he is full of shit so don't waste your time emailing him asking him to see his stash of parts in the barn. Look closely, he owns a postwar Chevy. Ha ha Nice one COS!!! That was Funny!

9. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Man KC area is a goldmine!

10. millersgarage

millersgarage

GOOD LORD!

It blows me away sometimes.....what lurks in some guys barns......you never know

11. Fenders

Fenders

I'm sure the father enjoyed that stuff. If the son intends to sell it bit by bit researching prices of every item it will be his albatross.

12. Wheelie

Wheelie
    from Dallas

So how much for the ladders?

13. switchkid0

switchkid0

Was that off of 79th Street in Raytown? My Pops has been telling me to go by this old-timers' place, but I really don't like the idea of walking up to the door and asking if they've got any stuff to sell...

14. lorodz

lorodz

wow lucky find ..but if he is trying to get top dollar for everything its just gonna end up staying there ....sucks ...i love finds like this ..good score for you guys..

15. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Holy FkN SHIT!!! I think that I just wet myself....

Spent 5-6 yrs in KC & never found this place..

16. PUNK RODDER

PUNK RODDER
    from KC, MO.

Nope it's in a little place i like to refer to as "The Gettin Spot, KS."

17. wtf !!! eric were you peeking through the blindfold when i drove you there ??i know i should have just gone ahead and put a bag over your head !!

18. vinnymac44

vinnymac44
    from W. Oregon

So this points to the point of ....what does collecting all this "stuff" to for the person who collects it? Yah it neet to have but what good does it do him or you?

19. 1959cac

1959cac

It's Defined as PASSION.20 years ago, I had that much '64-'70 GTO stuff. People like you are who I loved to meet .....and buy from!:cool:

20. hellisterrodder

hellisterrodder
    BANNED
    from Hollister

So did the guy have any 72 pacer GS model parts for sale.LMFAO

21. draginsteel

draginsteel

I just showed my wife too:

"Oh Great more Junk"

Whose idea was it to let them vote?

22. Kustm52

Kustm52

Poverty Flats will end up with all of it... :).

23. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

That's 10 years worth of ebay stuff right there.

have an auction and be done with it

24. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Holy shitballs!!!!