Register now to get rid of these ads!

Take back Central AZ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tri-Powerguy, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

It was a good time and I enjoyed meeting Joel and Matt two good guys, Like that truck. The pics. look good hopefully I will have the Vette next week. Bodi that sure is a good pic. of your car. Everybody have a great and safe next week, and maybe it will be a little warmer next Saturday. Good seeing everybody

2. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Bruuuuce, great avatar!

3. I got some bugs to work out on my new used engine that got running yesterday so i will be there next week. Thats your warning. See everyone there

4. Bruuuce

Bruuuce

Thanks Jeem one of the greats things about getting to grow up in Phoenix.

5. '59DaddyO

'59DaddyO

So, are you guys actually cruisin' Central Ave again, or is this just a McDonald's cruise-in?

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Trying to get everybody out on the street! It's kinda centered around McD's, but as the weather gets better more time is spent actually cruising.

7. '59DaddyO

'59DaddyO

Cool! Wish I was there. I did a lot of cruising in the 80's, I miss cruising Central. I used to be there both Friday and Saturday nights!!!! Goodtimes!

8. Mike

Mike

I'll probably miss the Central gig this weekend. I'll be at the Pavillions trying to get one of the auction high rollers to part with some pocket change and buy my '61 Chevy Wagon.

9. What time are you going out there?

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I'm going to be doing the same this weekend... Time to make the Maverick go away.

11. Guys ..Can you have For Sale signs there? I know, no flyers allowed.

12. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

Joel are you going to make Central this week end? I have a Buddy Bringing a hot 66 Fairlane, that would look good in the pics and I got the vette running I believe either way it will be there also.

13. Mike

Mike

I plan to drop the car off there between 0630 - 0700, go home and come back between 1100 - 1200 and be there all day.

14. Mike

Mike

No for sale signs on in the windows or on the dash. For sale signs on the front seat are OK. Most of the potential buyers will be savvy about the signage issue.

As for flyers, I've had had your fliers out on my windshield at the Pavillions many times with no hassle. I've only seen them get cranky when the event on the flier conflicts with thier Saturday night gig.

15. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

I dont think so, my front tire finally wore through to the steal belt since the axles bent its not real safe to drive ( especially down the I10). There is a huge mopar show this weekend at bill luke dodge dealer and Mopar collectors guide magazine will be there taking pictures (My dream is to be in the magazine then i can die happy:D) I have never missed a year since i built the truck, its not real far but I'm sure someone will say something about the tire at the show but im stubborn. wish my spare tire fit my rims. really sucks...

16. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I'll be down this week...

17. Not sure if I'll be making it to Central this week or not. Dad and I are going to the Pavillions, not sure how late we'll be out there, and how upright we'll be after a day out there.

18. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

Good luck on the Truck Joel, it would be nice to have your truck in a magazine that's for sure. Hopefully I will get that Belvedere going and we can get some of the Mopar guys down Central. You all have a great weekend and will see you next week.

19. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Anyone going to be on Central tonight?

20. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

I will be there, and hopefully without water on the ground. LoL

21. I made it out last night and met a few of you guys there. Hopefully i can make it out again soon. Im getting itchy to get a project going bad.

22. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

I like that not going for the Ten strategy, I think i have tried it before but I won't comment on that LMAO

23. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

It was good to meet ya man! Hope to see ya out there again soon.

edit: Now that the circus has left town, maybe we can get back to normal....

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  24. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

Weather man says that the rain should clear Saturday afternoon, should be a nice night.
    I will be there how about some Newbie's, we would like to meet some of you viewer's. Come enjoy the fun.

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Bodi, John Craft and I are off to GNRS in the wayyyyyy early morning, so we're gonna miss this week. I promise I'll get back soon.

26. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

Well I think I qualify to be a weather guy, now we change the rain to all weekend. But I still will be there, hope to not be the only one. Hope you all have had a great week.

27. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I want it to rain tomorrow... That way I have no excuse to not be down at the shop working on the Model A. If i'm down that way I'll roll through.

28. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Well,,,was I the only one who show'd up tonight?? I arrived a bit after 7 pm & the lot was empty!! Had a cone & hung out for a bit & went back home!

29. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

It was shitty flooded roads and danger out here, so I headed home before dark. If I was gonna put it in the ditch I wanted to see it comin.

30. Damn i missed the circus