Register now to get rid of these ads!

Take back Central AZ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tri-Powerguy, Jun 7, 2012.

1. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

I may be able to attend. Depends on if I am alive or not!! Been cleaning tools & box's for the last 2 days!!!. I start a new job next monday after being unimployed for over 2 years!!! Am hauling everything to the new business friday morning. Then 2 days to rest up before work starts at 6 am monday!

2. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

That's what I'm talking about Keith!

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

4. Congrats Keith! Awesome deal man. I'll try to make it..... that's a long jaunt though.;):rolleyes::D

5. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Thanks Guy's!!! I had 2 offers in 2 days. One was out on AZ85 between I-10 & GilaBend. 90 miles round trip each day. The other is off of 23rd ave & Deer Valley. A little over 40 miles round trip each day. Guess which one I accepted??????? Grunt work, brake jobs, wheel seals, etc, etc. Heavy truck, class 7 & 8. But, some pay is better than NO pay!!! See everyone saturday!!

6. Congratulations Keith. Good things come to those who wait.

7. Congrats Keith,Good luck with the new job!

8. river1

river1

Good luck on the new job Keith!!!!!

my job is in the same neck of the woods, once you get settled we'll have to do lunch

Later jim

9. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

Congratulations Kieth glad to hear it! Well I made it back in one piece and will be back on Central Saturday night, right on. I had a good time back east looking at all the rusted stuff, telling them we don't really have that problem out here. But just like a lot of places the old stuff is becoming few and far between. The small town of Clinton Illinois they used to cruise a square, I told them of or move and it started a lot of people talking about bringing it back. Bringing back the old times is fun! Hopefully I will be able to look up a Take Back the Square ILL. Hope you guys have had a good couple of weeks and can't wait to see ya. Congrats again Kieth kick ass and rock and roll

10. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Sounds good Jim. The rest. at the DV airport has decent food. have been there often.

11. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Well,,,Had a "little" mishap yesterday moving my tool box to the new job. Top & center box fell over on their front. Everything spilled out on the ground. Bent up several drawer glides. Dented up the box's real good. No room at the new job for all my tools so I consolidated a bunch into different box's & took the largest set of box's to the new shop. Had not had a chance to bolt them all together yet. First time in over 40 years turning a wrench that I spilled a box!! See everyone tonight!!

12. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

At least it wasn't in the back of a van with the rear doors latched not so well...

13. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Just as bad. They were stacked on top of my 4 foot tall Snap-On bottom box!! I wouls say an easy 600 pounds of tools in the box's, hit the ground from 4 feet.

Was at the McDonalds tonight. Not many hambers came out. Lots of traffic due to the festival of lights parade!!

14. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

How is the new job going Kieth, hope its all good. Well headed to another Saturday night, hopefully we will get some more cars this week. Been working on the Belvedere this week, I hope to have it on the street after the 1st of the year. Kinda like going back in time when that car hits Central, can't wait. You all have a great rest of the week, see ya Saturday night

15. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Doing ok, shift is 6:30 am to 3 pm. Usually am home by 3:20. Still getting used to being back at work.

16. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

As long as nothing catches fire in the next couple of days, I'll be down.

EDIT: I smell smoke and its coming from Jessica's parents house. Probably just her mom cooking but I'll be at the loonie bin saturday night boys....

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  17. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

What's new guys? Sorry I didn't make it last weekend. How's the job going Kieth and is the truck still in one piece and not burned up yet Nick? Does anybody know anybody that is a good painter? That does not want to make a killing off of spraying an engine compartment. I want to get that Belvedere going. Can't wait to be back on Central in it, like being 19 again I will have to go back a ( couple ) of years. Hope you all have a great week and I will be there this Saturday night.

18. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Give me a yell on the painter thing.

19. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

I am alive!! Ibuprophen is my little friend!! Almost through my second week! I get paid tomorrow!!! Get paid weekly!! Not much truck work but a lot of heavy industrial equipment. Fork lifts, air compressors, road graders, bob cats, etc, etc. I should be at Mc'ds on Saturday!

20. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

My truck is many, many pieces, bolted, screwed, and in a few cases zip tied together into a couple of larger sections that are bolted, screwed, and quite possibly, also zip tied together. In rare cases, these parts and pieces miraculously manage to combine mechanically and function in a manner proficient to provide means of transportation... ok, ok....

That's all total bullshit. I drive that pile 60-some miles everyday like its a rental. Sometimes you find things that need fixing, sometimes they find you.

My only plan for this weekend is to cruise down to Central, so I have that going for me, as long as the truck will go for me, eh?

21. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

Good old truck I am sure it will make it. Thanks Chip that was a good tip we will see were we go with it had a good conversation with him I think it might work, thanks again. See you all Saturday night

22. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

Everybody still going to show, I will be there.

23. Todays the first day I'm wearing a coat, but yeah, I'm still game. Not sure about much of a turnout though.

24. Still planning to swap engines if the rain stays at bay. I need my truck for the work week more than the weekend so i will be thrashing on it tonight and tomorrow. I am out till at least thursday since i am working down the street from 16th st and oak.

25. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Cold wet night tonight. Small turnout. Hope weather is better next saturday!

26. Sorry to no-show last night guys. Had good reason though. See you next week.

27. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

It better be a good excuse!!! Whats her name?? Pictures??

28. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

29. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

Wow what a find, looks like fun checking out all the stuff. I would have done the same, is the car for you Nick hope so. Enjoy

30. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I'll be down so all you guys can quit texting how much you hate me, and tell me in person. Ha!