Register now to get rid of these ads!

Take a Survey, Help Me Out

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jonnyrocknroll, Oct 13, 2008.

1. tomslik

tomslik

done but the only way I'LL drive an all electric car is if you can get rid of the electronics...

2. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Without having the proper answers in the survey it will show THAT EVERYONE APPROVES OF ELECTRIC VEHICLES, and that everyone is willing to purchase them. That kinda flaws your survey.

How will it shed any light on the future of internal combustion engines when your survey shows that 100% of the people are saying that they will drive an electric, and are willing to pay to much to get one?

Sorry dude, no can finish.

3. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

I took it a different way. I WOULD be willing to drive an electric car if it was cheaper than a good used car. I looked at is as my commuter car, not as my hot rod. I'm sure we could all come up with ways to make an electric care a bit more roddy anyway.

At the end of the survey is a place for comments. Should have finished and added the comments there.

Are you all saying you absolutely wouldn't drive an electric car? 100 years ago it was a viable option, right along with steam. I'd drive one of those!

If it was cheap enough, I'd run the hell out of one and like one of the other posts said, save the money for gas in my Nomad.

Well, if I had a Nomad...

4. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

he he he

"what personal items do you take on your commute"

My response.

"guns"

he he he

done....I dont really like the slant either...a survey is only as good as it's built...seems that there is a bit of survey bias engineered in there.

5. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Nope, wont ever drive an electric vehicle. Not enough range, no power and they are not any "greener" than what we already have.

"Gee Honey, how come you are leaving for the Pileup 3 days early?"

"Because I have to stop every 4 hours and plug the damned thing in for a day."

Sure sounds like fun to me!

Oh and I dont run, so if we are in wreck and the thing starts hissing and spitting out poison gasses, I'm done for.

6. skwurl

skwurl

Done.What did I win?

7. hotrodjohnny77

hotrodjohnny77

Took your survey, hope it helps. I did mine on the Human reaction to restored late model domestic automobiles, basically what its like being "That Guy" as mentioned in a post yesterday.

Jon

8. Hey man, tried to do your servey but it wont let me cause i dont live in america, WTF?

9. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

I finished mine, I walk to work, but need a truck to deliver my furniture.
    Any solution that includes small transportation will need to deal with the problem of inattitive drivers, and rude drivers. My wife would drive my Surburban instaed of her Camery to work if she could afford it, and definatly not a car smaller that a Camery.
    Per our local TV news so far this year there have been over 400 car / bike accidents in Minneapolis alone. So if small transportation is going to be used it will need to be safe.

10. tomslik

tomslik

yep, think BIG slot car.
    rewind the motors, suck MORE electricity.
    i CAN see some of use tapping in berfore the transformer on the pole;)

11. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

The old bumper cars were electric. That would be a fun drive to work.

12. That would solve the cell phone distracted driving problem too... they won't have to pay attention to driving at ALL!

13. Justin5000

Justin5000

I just finished your survey. I don't mind the electric car, just can't see myself driving one, unless Cadillac develops an electric Deville. Good luck with the thesis...

14. All the comments, both good and bad, are all help. Its exactly what I am looking for. Thanks everyone.

15. Sorry to all the guys outside the US. I value your opinions, its just that the vehicle is to be designed for the US market. As many of you know, looking at the current challenges facing the big three, we need the help here.

16. raceratrod

raceratrod

17. creepyjackalope

creepyjackalope

Done deal. Good luck with the project.

18. Yes, they are hybrids. The point I was addressing is an electric vehicle can haul the mail; they're not all glorified golf carts. Electric vehicles aren't limited to batteries.

Thanks,
    Kurt

19. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Aren't most trains electric?

Hey I like flatheads and gas, they will always be around and running in my garage.

20. GothboY

GothboY
    from SoCal

I took it. The survey does seem slanted a little bit yes, I agree. BUT, to me it seems that the survey leads towards motorcycles, possibly even an electric motorcycle, as the entire last section of the survey heavily hints towards that direction. Here's my "Comments here" section.

I will always own both old motorcycles and old cars, always internal combustion type. I dont care what type of fuel they use, so long as they stick to standard internal combustion format engine, and reasonably priced fuel aswell. Electrics are an option for (way further in) the future, but not untill the technology / reliability / repairability / price has reached a level where it will not be a major affect on my life. I can buy a car any day and it's like no big deal. Electric vehicles right now are so expensive one would associate it with buying a house. Human convenience is a market key, as we are not creatures who like to change and evolve very much. I think alternative fuels that run in internal combustion engines are better suited most peoples needs. The car works, why change the car. The gas is the problem.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by rustynewyorker View Post
    Freight trains still have a diesel motor with as much as 4000 HP driving the generator that powers the motors turning the wheels. There have been a few battery powered locomotives, but so far none has worked well enough for more than yard or local service.
    Yes, they are hybrids. The point I was addressing is an electric vehicle can haul the mail; they're not all glorified golf carts. Electric vehicles aren't limited to batteries.
    Thanks, Kurt

Hee hee...I wrote alot of comments... We also seem to be forgetting that electric means electric only, as hybrid is its own class. (classless I.M.O.)
    -GothY-

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  21. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Just finished the survey and like I said in the comment section "with luck I'll be dead by the time all this happens" good luck.
    This country needs guys like you to keep us on top.... Thanks!

22. Hellfish

Hellfish

I do survey research for a living, so if you ever want any advice, just ask.

23. tbill

tbill
    from central ny

did the survey. can't help but wonder what riding a bike in a snowstorm is like? or how an electric vehicle will act in 30 below [considering a 'normal' battery is most efficient at like 90 degrees F].

the other issue i see with electric, or even hybrids, GM's hybrid has a 300V battery set up, add to that a do-it-yourselfer after the warranty is up, and look for the smoke. seems like a pretty unsafe idea to me, given our car culture.

personaly, i don't see electric cars ruling the highways for quite some time, we're 100 years deep into the ICE, hard habit to break.