Register now to get rid of these ads!

Take a kid to a car show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Olskoollou, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Olskoollou

Olskoollou

Here is a couple of pics of my 10 year old son priming our 63 Buick. There are pictures of me early in my youth helping my Dad. I hope he sees these and it brings a smile to him as much as it did for me. Thanks Dad for taking me not only to car shows but for all the lessons you taught me in the garage all those years.

Attached Files:

2. 41 C28

41 C28

Cool, Get em started early. Thats what I did with my kids and grandkids and it paid off.

3. Fuel to burn

Fuel to burn

Way to go pops!

...and if your car is in a car show, let a kid sit in it. They love it and you might just plant a seed...

4. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Thats really cool !

5. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Aimost always knew where my son was at night. From a early age he was under the car or sitting in the engine compartment banging around on something. I think it keeps a lot of our kids out of trouble and helps them learn some real useful skills for life. We have a Christmas tree at our church loaded with the names of kids in our area who's family can't afford presents for them. The kids make a list of what they would like and then we can get some of the stuff on the list for them for Christmas. I found one for a 14 yr old who only wants model car kits and tennis shoes. Sweeeet, maybe he's the next hot rodder to come out of our area! Maybe I better throw in a pair of cuffed jeans just to make sure?

6. yellow dog

yellow dog
    from san diego

Very cool!!! 22 years ago my son took the spark. He ended up in aerospace engineering and designs automotive suspension for fun.

7. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Thats very cool! I hope he sticks with it. My dad started me around that age and I am forever grateful.

8. Abomb

Abomb

Every time I go to one, my son rides along...

[​IMG]

9. 69f100

69f100
    from So-Cal

ive been getting my little sister started on bikes lately. were building her first "cruiser" this pant month out of an old bmx frame. its funky but she loves it. and its hotrodding

10. GTS225

GTS225

Far be it for me to stick my nose into how you teach your son to do things , but........... some of the paints we use nowadays have stuff in them that can be absorbed through the skin, and cause brain and kidney damage. If I may be so bold, start teaching your boy to wear a long-sleeved shirt and full jeans and shoes when spraying. I do applaud you and he with the mask.

Roger