Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Taillight swap

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Cortney, Aug 10, 2015.

1. JackdaRabbit

JackdaRabbit
    from WNC

At least as nice as the OG treatment on a Caddy...and what's even better they're not used in a location that could leave a nasty bruise like most swaps.

2. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

I almost vomit when I see caddy taillights used, but this looks like it was put there by mercury!

3. Cortney

Cortney

Thanks! I definitely agree that these taillights have been abused and over used on a lot of cars! I wouldn't have used them at all if they weren't such a close match to the originals. Kinda like the 52-54 Fords swapping out for the Olds taillights.

4. I always liked those lights. But never had a chance to use them.
    First time I saw Caddy bullet lights on something other than a Caddy was when I was in Jr. High and one of the older boys grafted a pair on his Cushman Super Eagle! Kid was ahead of his time!!
    Probably around 1961?
    I think the Merc looks better than stock now!
    GOOD JOB...

5. A lot of you guys aren't old enough to remember how common caddy taillights were for a while. You saw 'em on just about everything in the early 60s. Were they overdone in most cases? Yep.... But great use here, and I always liked them tunneled on '58 Chevies. And they looked very cool on Sting Ray-and-back Corvettes.

6. Blade58

Blade58
    from apopka ,Fl

Well executed, you would think it could have been a option if you could order it like that .

7. Just a thought about the reflectors. Maybe you could find some large/flat van or trailer light lenses with the reflectors built in and cut them up to use as your bases?

Lights look great BTW.

8. Cortney

Cortney

Thanks everyone!! Fuzzybear, that's a good idea! I'll definitely keep an eye out for something like that!