Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods tailgate emblem removal tri chevy wagon?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ozzies 57, Jun 27, 2018.

1. ozzies 57

ozzies 57

so I removed the lock mechanism inside and found the three studs holding the tailgate emblem in place on my 56 chevy wagon, however they don't resemble nuts. they are obviously threaded as I can see the remainder of the studs sticking through the faster. but if they aren't hex heads how do I remove them? please don't tell me I have to fight my hand in that hole and use pliers!!
    and I can't take a clear picture to post on here. but surely someone on here has don't this on a trip five wagon .

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Speed nuts? Oh BTW, don't google "pictures of old nuts". I'm going to need a stiff drink after work.

56premiere likes this.
  3. Could it be attached with one of these clips,if so you can pry it loose with a screwdriver. HRP

[​IMG]

4. Belligerence

Belligerence

I’ve got a 70’s p20 van and all those emblems are speed nuts that the hex is partially wore off. Theyre not real tight, a socket got them off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. chevy57dude

chevy57dude

One like this? Or the V and script?
    [​IMG]
    Ought to be three studs with the crappy sheet metal nuts that hardly have any hex. May be buried in dirt or undercoating.Get in there with a wrench or 1/4''drive ratchet. 3/8 socket IIRC

6. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7. 325w

325w
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They are a pain to get off. Go ahead and cut your finger tip and get it over with. I'm betting they had some sort of bastard socket on the line to tighten them. Lot a time they turn but have to slide a door pad tool under to lift as you turn.

8. philo426

philo426

I like the geometric pattern on the 57 210 wagon.