Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tail lights for my Crosley

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flinttim, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Flinttim

Flinttim
    from Indiana

Need to pick some of you guy's brains. The rear and front running lights for my Crosley are MIA and hard to find. Since I am doing a custom anyway, I'd like to do something different from the OEM. To utilize the existing locations and holes in the body, they would be in the 2" diameter range. What I have found to date is the very generic beehive type clearance lights from about any farm and fleet. They will actually look pretty darn good. But since they are clearance lights, is it possible to replace the existing socket with one that would hold a brake/tail light bulb (6 volt)? Anyone done such a job and can offer tips ?

2. 117harv

117harv

Type in "hillman husky" on ebay and there are some small red glass taillights, they are replacements for severall british and european cars.

3. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

The original tailights are like little tuna cans with lenses?? If so, those are reproduced somewhere...found them once, probably could again. And they had some oddball use as well...memory busted, but some other odd vehicle uses them. WWII Harleys??

4. fms427

fms427

I used repro Pontiac taillights on mine, after looking at repro Crosley lights - not very good repros of a not very good light in the first place. They fit pretty well without body work. Service Motors in Ohio has a lot of parts and makes repro lights - they have a web site. Also can find them on Ebay time to time.

Attached Files:

5. Flinttim

Flinttim
    from Indiana

Thanks, I look into that. Any other ideas?

6. large-stache

large-stache

Shave them off, its a custom after all. You could put some of those head lights with marker lights integrated.

7. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

How about 53 Buick taillights? They are bigger than 2" in diameter, though.

8. snaptwo

snaptwo

Perhaps to match that Crosley's attitude,. a pair of Harley "tombstones"!! Not to large and shouldn't be too difficult to mount.

9. fms427

fms427

Oh - front I did use clearance type lights modified with dual element sockets. Easy to do - sockets at any auto parts store. Not sure these pictures show them - too small until they are posted:D.