Register now to get rid of these ads!

tach wiring ,need help.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by keith love, Jan 26, 2013.

1. keith love

keith love
    from indiana

i have a tach with 5 wires ,i know all but 1 ..need help red ign on power ,...black ground ,green tach side of HEI dist. white headlight switch ,but my dash lights don't work at all ...so headlight only ..then there is a orange wire?..this is a 7 color light led lights...any help please on this ...thanks in advance ..its in a 1988 chevy s-10 329 v-8 ..a 400 crank in a 305 block...awesome low and mid power for my driving ...i just need tach to see my rpm range at shifts.
    thank you all in advance.:confused:

2. JohnnyC79

JohnnyC79
    from Australia

Could be an external shift light driver? Color mode switch line?

3. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

Also, it may be better to wire the white to the parking/marker lights.

4. cartoon14

cartoon14

what kind of tack is it? old or new?

5. Cantstop

Cantstop

Wire colors for tachs are not standard so you need to find out who makes it. Once you have done that a quick google will probly find you the wiring schematic. If it was and older tach that needed a module then this site would probly be able to help as some of the old stuff is just non existant on the web. Not being a dick but mods will probly kill this thread as OFF TOPIC.

6. keith love

keith love
    from indiana

thanks guys...its new no instructions in box just my luck.from a company named nitrous ....i just don't know about the orange wire ..the color changing module sounds right or how else would the colors change it has a push button switch,...again thanks all.
    :cool:

7. AREA51SD

AREA51SD

Orange wire goes to Battery (12 volt Positive side). I have installation instructions somewhere.

8. Those are sold out of harbour frt.

Attached Files:

9. keith love

keith love
    from indiana