Register now to get rid of these ads!

t56 tremec 6 speed vette trans HOW TUFF??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MOPARMORTUARY, Sep 14, 2008.

1. MOPARMORTUARY

MOPARMORTUARY

How much torque will they take? Slicks? I am considering trying to put one behind a 455 buick motor in my International KB gasser project. Will it hook to the gm muncie style bellhousing? Is there something easier that doesn't cost 3 grand? Any help would be appreciated. Chad

2. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Not sure but my dad has one behind his 575hp gasser with 488 gears. He has been nice to it so far as he breaks the car in..

3. MOPARMORTUARY

MOPARMORTUARY

That's neat, how hard was the install? I was hoping the wide gear ratio's would be ok with my high torque low rpm engine.

4. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

I bought a new one 5? years ago and put it behind my flathead great transmissions
    they are good for 600 hp
    they are all over craigslist for around a grand
    and the junk yards should be full of them by now

5. MOPARMORTUARY

MOPARMORTUARY

I hope to really abuse this thing and have over 500 ft lbs of torque. Slicks and hopefully some HAMB drag fun! Does anyone know what the Viper upgrades are?

6. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

7. MOPARMORTUARY

MOPARMORTUARY

Thanks Casey thats a helpful link. Does anyone know if it will bolt to the earlier gm bell housing?

8. Solidaxel

Solidaxel

I think you may want to look at the TKO 600 5 speed, they have a real low 1st, with all the overdrive you would want.
    I run one in a GMC ZZ-4, but not with slicks. works great.