Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

Sold!! T5 S10 Borg Warner Manual Transmission 5 Speed T-5 S-10

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by brsturges, Oct 13, 2019.

1. brsturges

brsturges
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Miami, FL

City: Coral Gables

State: Florida
    Price: $350
    Sold!!

Up for sale is a very nice S10 T5 transmission with the desirable 3.78 ratio first gear. This gear ratio is far better than the more common 4.03 granny gear S10 T5, and is perfect for an early Ford Hot Rod. This is the Non World Class version. This transmission bench shifts nice and smoothly and feels good in all gears. Endplay feels good. I have not disassembled it though, so I cannot guarantee the internal condition. I got it from a guy parting out a 1992 S10. He claimed it was running good prior to being parted out.

As most of you know, the S10 trans is perfect for a hot rod since it has the shifter close to the bellhousing and works well with a bench seat. This S10 tranny has following ratios that I verified by putting it in gear and turning it on the bench.

1st: 3.78
    2nd: 2.18
    3rd: 1.42
    4th: 1.00
    5th: .72

The gear ratios on this transmission make it perfect for a hot rod, and the T5s are very light and compact so they fit in most applications. It bolts right up to a small block chevy with the standard chevy bellhousing. May need a little trim of the input shaft depending on the application. Perfect for a Flathead Ford. These T5s are becoming harder to find. I will ship on buyer's dime, which will run about $150. I can also deliver this to Turkey Run in Daytona if needed.

I also can fully rebuild this for an additional fee, which I have done for a few Hambers in the past. I’ve included some pictures of a fully rebuilt and bead blasted one as an example. This listing is for the nice and dirty one :) Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  2. brsturges

brsturges
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Miami, FL

3. brsturges

brsturges
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Miami, FL