Register now to get rid of these ads!

t5 235 54 chevy vibration

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirtbag54, Jul 12, 2009.

1. im having a vibration only in 5th gear between 40 to 60 a "droan" i have heard it called driveshaft is balanced pinion angles are correct on trans and rear..is this a harmonics issue with this combo or some other possibility any help appreciated......

2. flathead4d

flathead4d

I have a similar problem. T-5 on a flathead. Mine happens right around 3K rpm's. Haven't been able to track it down yet.

3. Tony

Tony

I have the same thing on my 53 with a T5 conversion. Mine is an incorrect pinion angle. I made a small mistake when i set it and welded the perches to the rear end, and it created a slight shake, harmonics in mine.
    Mine comes in around 50-55 though..
    I have yet to get a chance to take care of it, but after checking everything else, i finally found my goof up..

4. thanks guys ............anyone else????

5. getting small vibration in 4th now and almost all the time in 5th any more ideas....thanks

6. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

I would think a trans bearing. What kind of condition is the rear bushing for the slip yoke,also a possibility.

7. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

are you using the supports that bolt the bellhousing to the tail? could be putting too much side stress on the shafts. the case is weak to begin with