Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

T-V8 with 1921 Roadster Body For Sale

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Late to the Party, Sep 6, 2019.

1. City: Fayetteville

State: Arkansas
    Price: $10,500
    Well, I've finished building the car I've wanted to build for years. I've got 315 miles on it and all the bugs worked out, so it's time to send it on down the road and get on to the next one. I built it as someone coming home from WW-II might have done, with pretty much all the right components. You can see the 3-year-long build thread by clicking on the link below, but here are some of the high points.

It has a Real Henry Steel 1921 Model T Runabout body, an 8BA engine with 59AB heads, Thickstun head covers and PM-7 intake, NEW high-dollar Stromberg 97's, and Mallory ignition. The radiator was custom-made by Superior Radiator in Michigan, to fit a Model T low radiator shell and set up to cool a Flatty. Tranny is a '39 Ford 3-speed; rear end and front end are Model A. The front axle was dropped 3-1/2" by Okie Joe. Front brakes are early-40's Ford and the rear ones are late-40's. The interior is done in real hand-stitched rolls and pleats. Gauges are S-W from the 50's and 60's (I couldn't afford ones from the 40's, but these look the part pretty well). The tach is a Sun unit from the 60's. Williamson Instruments worked their magic on the sending unit, converting it to electronic operation. They also worked on the gauges which needed some TLC. Wheels are powder-coated 16" '35 Ford, with Firestone big-n-little wide whites. They are 6:00's in front and 7:00's in the rear. Windshield was chopped 5". There is no top, but I had the upholsterer make a rain cover which fits over the windshield and cockpit. It attaches with snaps. There are too many details to list them all here, but you can find out everything you want to know by reading the build thread.

The car is located in Fayetteville, Arkansas, which is in the NW corner of the state. I'd like to get $15,000 for the car but will listen to offers. Contact me at 479-790-4229 or [email protected]. Thanks, Mike. NOTE: PRICE HAS BEEN REDUCED TO $15,000.

Hot Rod 001.JPG
    Hot Rod 002.JPG
    Hot Rod 003.JPG
    Hot Rod 004.JPG
    Hot Rod 005.JPG
    Hot Rod 007.JPG Hot Rod 008.JPG

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    catdad49, flyin-t, BrandonB and 3 others like this.
  2. Will listen to offers.

3. I have just listed this car on eBay. The auction will begin at 8:00 p.m. tomorrow (Sunday) and run for 7 days.