Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical T Coupe Panels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MrGasser, Aug 7, 2017.

1. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

Does anyone make a replacement panel for the beltline reveal on '26-'27 T's?....I've had no luck so far...seems to be a common problem, 3 of my 5 coupe bodies have this...thanks

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      138 KB
      Views:
  2. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Do you mean on the doors? Yes, they do but you have to buy the entire door skin. They run about $800 for the skin and $1200 for a complete door.
    I don't remember the name of the place but they are in the mid west.

I'm not sure if anyone manufactures the belt line alone. Never heard of anyone doing it. You might be able to make one.

Update...I did find door skins and doors at LANG'S. Doors are $1175, Complete Door Skins $800

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  3. mink

mink
    from CT

That panel needs a lot of work, better befriend a metal shaper or invest time and tools into metalshaping. Look above the the belt line. I'd search for a stock replacement. The panel is not reproduced. It is a simple curved panel with a beaded section, but the vertical post is rotted out and that will involve more metal shaping if you decide to go that route, where is the rest of the panel?

MrGasser likes this.
  4. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Yeah, those T coupes kinder dip down in the rear roof corners and because they only have a material roof, the water once the material breaks down tends to concentrate on getting into the rear corners and sitting inside the belt line area.
    It would be rare these days to find good ones I'm guessing.
    I've done two coupes now and one was pretty good but the other required skilled work which I paid for to ensure a good repair. Owning the right hand tools and having the skill is what is required.
    Just remember most things can be fixed with time, money and patience, not always in that order of course.
    Keep at it...

Flathead Dave and MrGasser like this.