Register now to get rid of these ads!

T-buckets.... HAMB friendly, or not??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gsport, May 15, 2012.

1. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

gonna finish someday

Attached Files:

2. You seen it in there too?
    Hell, I thought I'd bought every dang copy of that magazine!:D

That had to be the best feeling ever... opening a copy of the biggest American hot rod magazine at the bookstore and finding a full color feature of my little homebuilt bucket all the way from Noo Zealand!
    Never even knew it was happening.

Bear:)

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  3. Well guys,I don't post much here but always reading stuff but this thread got me interested. I really need to get mine back on the road for this summer coming and no, it will not be painted and only have a Mexican blanket covering the seat, but it will have opening doors to aid this old fella in and out of it. I purchased a '80's style Bucket and rebuild it to a '60's style that I believe I accomplished well. Oh it still runs a dual point Mallory dizzie so must be Traditional.

Attached Files:

4. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

weren't they all? ;)

5. I stand corrected....a track roadster is not a tbucket......

6. I'm such a post whore...but I have to chime in here. I think most of us are here on the HAMB first, for the camaraderie, and second for the technical knowledge, inspiration, and co-operation we get from each other.
    I have never gotten more help, and laughed harder, than I have here. And, I think most of us want to be as traditional in our builds, whatever era they happen to be, as we can.
    But I don't think any of us is going to let the HAMB determine what we build, or how it looks. We build what works for us, and we hope our peers here accept our work. But we aren't going to change a build because it doesn't meet with everyone's favor.

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Absolutely! And well said.

8. Shitboxdodge

Shitboxdodge

I sure wish I had read this before I mail ordered all the supplies to prep my car for paint :)

9. Kramer

Kramer

Thanks. Yep, I plan on keeping the stance as is.

10. Quote:
    Originally Posted by Surf City [​IMG]
    and the smallblock is a '59 'vette 283.

You betcha'.... see, even the lies are traditional.:D

11. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Personally...I dig em!

12. 117harv

117harv

Three more.

Attached Files:

13. cruiserbuddy

cruiserbuddy
    from Germany

[​IMG]

This is mine. I do not remember, how I could be ever after a Model A or a B.....:)))))

14. ^^^^^ooohhhh, need more pics of this one!

15. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks Farmergal! That is the Norm Letendre T, I saw it in 1961 or 1962 at the Danbury Modifiers show were it won Best in Show. The show was a fund raiser to compain the Lyndwood rail I'm restoring today, thats Bones Stevens club president and driver handing the trophy to Norm. The T is still in Mass. and belongs to a HAMB member I believe. Bob

Attached Files:

16. gsport

gsport

well that didn't last long... the t-bucket's sold
    let's just say i had to keep peace in the family and the wife wasn't too thrilled i went out and bought it.. parked it out in the corner of the yard and sold it in about 2 hours and made a little over $1,000 off of it...
    guess i'll go back to working on the 50 and start putting it back together....

17. Jimv

Jimv

137 posts & you sell it!! Geez!!lol
    JimV

18. hallrods

hallrods

19. Paul

Paul
    Editor

not at all the same, but I definately had this version of this car in my head when I put mine together

[​IMG]

20. Model T1

Model T1

I'd kept the T bucket and got another wife. Good T buckets are hard to find!:D

21. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Man... I bought the issue of TRJ that had the Von Franco clones in it and just drooooled when I saw his version of the "Lightnin' Bug". My all time favorite T. That issue of TRJ is still opened up on my coffee table.

22. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Thats the photo that we used for the spot of exhaust tips when the "Lightnin' Bug" clone was built and the height that Franco would sit in the car it had to be just right. he actually had me measure the height of his shoulder to the top of the bed. Also in Mad Fabricators 4 I called it the Doodle Bug and Franco gave me shit...funny stuff and a cool guy to work with.

23. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Whats not to like about "T"s,this is my son's I helped him build over the pass 3 years,he found some eye candy to test the seat out. :cool::D

Attached Files:

24. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

looks like she's got a pretty good grip on that shifter. You know what that smile means:cool:

I got a question. Whats the difference between a Tb bucket and a modified?

25. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

What style mirror is that? I've been thinking of moving mine to that location. Does the side of the car block the view?

26. MATTILAS

MATTILAS

What the hell I never saw your t in here

27. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

No prob, body is clear of rearview;:D
    Clean mount made this way;mirror is a small PEEP,but the mount I custom mod,by retapping steam to next bigger size screw and making a new windshield frame screw that has that size tap in outside head of it,a stude is made and locktied between to hold mirror steam in place[very small washer is used to index to right angle:cool:
    All that was done to make it very clean and use the hole that was already there.
    You have a good eye.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  28. outlaw256

outlaw256

i caught that too!

29. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Thanks, Dana. I'm always looking for ways to make my T look better. The mirror was the first thing I noticed.

30. n847

n847

OK I'll be honest...I have always HATED T'S...and I don't like to use the word hate when it comes to hot rods because its all subjective, and I bet a ton of these T guys in the area hate my dirty ass ole Plymouth running around with half ass body work and no hood! That being said I have seen at least 4 or 5 T's in this thread that I have saved because I would drive the shit out of them Don's the 2 you have posted are both beautiful...I saved several pictures as cars I would love to build in a similair style! You guys have officialy converted me...my biggest pet peve is the steering wheels coming straight up through the floor it always looks silly to me! I'm 6'1"to 6'2" on a good day and they don't look like I would be even remotely close to fitting! Any ideas for alternative column mounts? Why don't guys move those wheels...i'm not being a smart ass I really don't know and I would like to learn!