Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods t bucket

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pimpin devil, Feb 29, 2016.

1. pimpin devil

pimpin devil
    from joplin mo

I just bought a t bucket and am looking to make some changes but would like some advice from you guys.I bought some gasser et wheels for the front have some coker 5.60's coming for the front also have bomber seats coming from rotten leonard.Any ideas for the back IMG_0341.JPG

turboroadster likes this.
  2. Trouble Maker's Tea

Trouble Maker's Tea

Bitchin looking car....

3. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Maybe swap out the fuel tank for an oval one.

Rear rolling stock that is no more than twice as wide as the front.

Maybe different exhaust.

4. pimpin devil

pimpin devil
    from joplin mo

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Congrats - ton of potential - when you get a windshield be sure to get one that will not be too short - want to minimize the bugs in the eyes & teeth

6. MengesTwinCustoms

MengesTwinCustoms

Cool modified! If it were mine I would put lake style headers on it!

7. i would find my way into the bucket of ugly thread running here on the HAMB. 270 or so pages of T bucket analysis, critique and advice. opinions and arguments at no extra charge. the guy who started the thread was doing a similar makeover and it has 'blossomed' since then.

but since you asked…
    you could go with some painted steel or chrome reversed steel wheels, maybe some 15x8 max with pie crust cheater slicks out back and ditch those upside down headers for some collector headers or some shotgun style zoomies. could probably use about 6" taken out of the wheel base too, but thats just one man's opinion.

Atwater Mike likes this.
  8. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Reminds me of mine! Don't know if you ever had a bucket before but be prepared for a lot of fun!
    Just be careful with the gas pedal...they can get away from you quick! ;) 2015-09-06 15.49.02bb.jpg

9. Yes to this!!! I still need to make a slightly tall windshield for mine for this reason.

10. butch27

butch27

You WILL have fun in a bucket.

11. Well you are already running Et wheels on the front, maybe get some ET IIIs for the rear and some cheater slicks.

You haven't asked but one of the first things I would do is address that butt ugly exhaust setup. You're not going to a tractor pull or a mud bogg any time soon are you?

tfeverfred likes this.
  12. Make the doors work before painting, 8 years of climbing over the side of mine is getting old......or I'm getting old

13. pimpin devil

pimpin devil
    from joplin mo

i bought some rocket igniters for the back 15x7 and i have 8.20 cokers do you think this will look good or just send back all of the wheels and run steelies

14. Squablow

Squablow

Pick a period that you want this car to emulate, then make your changes based on what is correct for that period. A late 50's look might have wide whitewalls and full wheel covers, an early 60's look might have painted steel wheels and baby moon caps with a thinner whitewall tire. Mid to late 60's might have a wild metalflake paintjob and mag wheels with blackwalls.

The engine detailing will go the same way. 3 2-barrels might be the hot ticket for an early build, dual quads on a tunnel ram would get popular later. Small block Chevy engines, hairpins, and fiberglass T bodies have all existed since at least the late 50's so you can go back at least that far and still nail the period.

15. pimpin devil

pimpin devil
    from joplin mo

16. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

image.jpg Times two on the doors - been there AND my back is shot now!