Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods T Bucket Interiors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tfeverfred, Aug 12, 2017.

1. upspirate

upspirate

Looks good. Could you use some 3-M black weather strip cement on the velcro that you already have?

tfeverfred likes this.
  2. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Looks good.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

That might work. I only had one canister of the 3M 5200 and ran out. The stores are closed today and now that you mention it, I may have some of that adhesive. I'll try it, if I do.

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I decided to add 2 screws in the top door panel to close that small gap that was bugging me. I also added one in the middle of the bottom of the door. She's nice and snug, now.

[​IMG]

I'm testing a couple strips of velcro, using 3M black adhesive. If they hold, I'll use it on the door support flap. Otherwise, I'll get a small tube of 3M 5200 and be done with it.

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I found the weather strip adhesive, I kinda knew I had and bonded the velcro to that body edge and the vinyl material. Let it set over night, clamped in place. Just checked it when I got home from work and it worked like a charm. Thanks!

dana barlow and upspirate like this.
  6. upspirate

upspirate

Much better than 5200 in case you ever need to remove it

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

A coat of black paint to finish off the back panel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blue One likes this.
  8. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Paint dried and seat installed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

kick ass! Go Freddy Go

10. atch

atch

Fred, you have every right to be very proud of what you've done. I've been watching all along and will be referring back to your experiences in the future.

tfeverfred likes this.
  11. wicarnut

wicarnut

Did I miss comment on your foam type ? Many different density types, learned this from Tea's seat owner, had him look at my 29 Roadster at a show for possibly making seats for me. He looked at what I had, he said, wrong foam in my seat pad, get high density type so my assbone would not be down to plywood, did this, had a local cut/sew it back together for me, worked great, much better. Good Guy ! honest supplier, noted my size/weight and did not recommend his seats for my car as an "A" is a small car and I'm not a small guy. LOL. Lookin Good my friend.

tfeverfred likes this.
  12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I went with 3" of foam that's slightly firmer than normal, mainly because I have back issues. I used it on the bottom and the back of my seat.. So, I still sink into the seat without bottoming out against the webbing and my back will be happy. I probably could have gotten away with 2", but the 3" feels good. I talked to a service rep and he said it'll wear and become a little softer, but not much.

https://www.foambymail.com/LHQ/lux-high-quality-foam.html

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    wicarnut and hrm2k like this.
  13. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Does anyone make a 13", 4 spoke, no holes steering wheel? I've looked a lot and have yet to find one. I made a 13" and a 15" round template to check for fit and honestly, a 15" steering wheel just seems too big. So, if I can't find a 13", 4 spoke, I'll settle for a 13", 3 spoke.

Gawd, I really love that 4 spoke.

14. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

loudbang likes this.
  15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Thanks. Unfortunately, I clicked the link and my eye's immediately went to the price.:eek: Other than that, 14" would probably work, as far as proportion to the interior is concerned. That Track T in the link is a beaut!

Wow... $235. I'd have to start saving for that one.

16. belair

belair

Looking good, bud.

loudbang likes this.
  17. mountainman2

mountainman2

Absolutely no holes or could you live with a 13.5" 4-spoke WITH holes? Summit has one.

loudbang likes this.
  18. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Yea, no holes. I like that Bell look.

19. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Hmm....... on second thought, that does have a certain flair to it and the price is right. I'll add it to my list. Thanks!

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/grt-570

GRT-570.jpg

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    dana barlow likes this.
  20. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Check out the 13” aluminum ProGrip wheel at Speedway. I have that in my Zipper and the 15” version in my ‘29 truck

loudbang likes this.
  21. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

That's a nice steering wheel. But a few hours in the Texas sun and I'd be looking for welders gloves to hold it.:D

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Pro-Grip-Aluminum-Steering-Wheel-13-Inch,31499.html

The more I look at the one "Mountainman2" posted, the more I like it. And there's a black center cap available, too. ;)

22. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

Built a flip up base seat frame a while back... worked out well for Mr. Customer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Comfy looking. Did you do the seat bottom with a metal frame and zig-zag springs or just foam?

loudbang and brEad like this.
  24. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

Its a steel frame with zig zag no sag springs and hinges so it flips up for easy access under the seat. The base bolts directly to the floor. I can build them any height or size. The springs gives a better ride than the foam only, anyway that was the feed back from Mr. Customer.
    You can kinda see the frame work in this shot with it lifted up.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    loudbang, RICH B and brEad like this.
  25. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

I know this is all about buckets but I also built the same guy a frame for his T Coupe. Also a flip up base... called me back to say it was a perfect fit! Man I love hearing that!

[​IMG]

loudbang and RodStRace like this.
  26. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Gee, Fred... I have had the 'Limeworks' 4 spoke leather covered one in my F100 for a year now...HATE the leather covering. Also hated the $219 price tag.
    But SUDDENLY...Just last month, GT3 has come out with a remarkable copy of the 4 spoke BELL! Thin spokes, (just like the real one) hardened rubber covered, so smooth, it's beautiful! Diameter is 15", (same as the old Bell 3-spoke) Comes without installation hub, but has the Grant 3 hole pattern.
    There was a 'special', (a 'leader', they call it) for $103.00, free shipping... There was another, for $120, free shipping. Otherwise, ebay has them, $145-$165. Some free shipping, just look up the part number. (GT 91-4040) I grabbed the one for $103, my son got the $120 one, but they run 'leader' prices often.
    Hope this info's not too late! The wheel will take the flat, chrome Bell 'button'...

loudbang, Shadow Creek and RICH B like this.
  27. RodStRace

RodStRace

28. That four spoke wheel looked interesting; guess I needed one too.
    P7180006 (Medium).jpeg
    Seems like a decent wheel; but not sure where it will end up.

brEad and loudbang like this.
  29. 1923Fratrod

1923Fratrod

What size seat did u go with. Looking to do the same seat. My body is from Ron Pope motorsports

loudbang likes this.
  30. 1923Fratrod

1923Fratrod

Who did ur interior