Register now to get rid of these ads!

T-bucket box length?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustisgold, May 24, 2010.

1. rustisgold

rustisgold

hey guys im putting together a tbucket and want to build it with as close of proportions to norm grabowskis lightning bug as posible. i need to know the length of the bed on the original grabowski car if anyone know it whould really help me aton.
    thanx-Brian

2. Contact Von Franco, I believe he built a perfect clone of that car.

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  3. rustisgold

rustisgold

ya ive studied von francos car for hours-pmed him a while ago, but no luck. anyone else know the lenth of the bed?

4. bct

bct

try and find a side profile of the car and measure it to scale......you know how long the door is.... so then you can figure out the length of the box within reason

5. DR

DR

Ivo's is 18 inches and he copied Norms.

6. rustisgold

rustisgold

Sweet! Ill do some visual comparing, thanks a million dr

7. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

We did some "comparitive" measuring when sizing up turkeyjerk's T. I think we found that the lightning bug bed was 20" or so...
    [​IMG]

8. rustisgold

rustisgold

cool thanks for the help, hey thunderbirdesq, got any recent pics of that t bucket? did it ever see paint? ive read and reread your build thread a few times-nicely done

9. I think 22 inches rings a bell. Good luck.

10. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Lightnin' Bug was 18 inches.

11. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Hey thanks, there's a few pics of it in the jalopy showdown coverage. It's not painted yet, Matt's got that job slated for his winter project. Right now he's shaking it down, working out the bugs, and working on getting the 6x2 setup together and running. Having some issue locating extended throttle shafts for the late big bore ECG-6 Holley 94's. :confused: