Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods T bucket bed lid mounts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gearhead Graphics, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Looking for input on bucket bed lid mounting ideas.
    Mine came with 4 hood pins sticking through it, and I can't look at that without puking. Interested in clean ideas someine might have used.

2. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

wow, nobody on here put a lid on their bucket box?

3. Z06-LITE

Z06-LITE

Here's what I did. On the lid, I put two small bolts through the flange on either side under the upholstery. Then drilled two matching holes on the flange around the bed. I drop on the lid, and it is held down by two small wing nuts. I will try to find a picture showing what I did.

4. Z06-LITE

Z06-LITE

5. Z06-LITE

Z06-LITE

This photo does not show them, but they are one each under either end of the box cover. It has been like this since 1980 and never lost a wing nut yet.

6. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

7. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

@DDDenny , yeah there are so many cabinet options! I've been thinking some sort of drop in pin at the front and maybe a stereo cabinet bump magnet at the back setup.
    Just hoping maybe someone on here had already done the hard work and I could ride their coat tails

8. Turnipseed

Turnipseed

I used screws through the 'flange' on the bed into the plywood of the front part of the lid. Piano hinge, and then cabinet locks that lock into small angle iron brackets mounted to the inside back of the bed. The u-bolts allow me to bungee 'stuff' on the lid. 20190105_175929.jpg